Any Company That Will Write Person with TENS?

dgoldenz

Virginia
Apparently the treatment is used due to "chronic back pain", though the client does not agree with the diagnosis. Is this a decline with all carriers, or will anyone write this? Age 62 female, spouse age 70 in perfect health, was already approved with Genworth at preferred rates.

Apparently the treatment is used due to "chronic back pain", though the client does not agree with the diagnosis. Is this a decline with all carriers, or will anyone write this? Age 62 female, spouse age 70 in perfect health, was already approved with Genworth at preferred rates.

usually you will find that the TENS unit is used in conjunction with a variety of meds....including many times narcotics. You will need to present a more complete picture including frequency of use of the TENS unit, meds, prognosis, ADL/IADL issues.......etc. Occasional use of a TENS unit is not bad. Someone who can not live without it, is a real red flag.

usually you will find that the TENS unit is used in conjunction with a variety of meds....including many times narcotics. You will need to present a more complete picture including frequency of use of the TENS unit, meds, prognosis, ADL/IADL issues.......etc. Occasional use of a TENS unit is not bad. Someone who can not live without it, is a real red flag.

Not sure of all the details, my dad is working on the case. Don't believe there's any narcotic Rx in use. We sat down with them and she seemed perfectly fine, was never mentioned until it came up on the doctor's records....client thinks it is overblown and she shouldn't have been declined. Our brokerage said she was a decline with all the carriers they use, just trying to see if any carrier specifically is more lenient on it.

Not sure of all the details, my dad is working on the case. Don't believe there's any narcotic Rx in use. We sat down with them and she seemed perfectly fine, was never mentioned until it came up on the doctor's records....client thinks it is overblown and she shouldn't have been declined. Our brokerage said she was a decline with all the carriers they use, just trying to see if any carrier specifically is more lenient on it.

Use of a TENS unit is not an autodecline from every company. Either the brokerage is severely limited in their choice of carriers, or there is more at issue here than the use of the TENS unit.

the website below can help you:

We help you turn your LTCi declines into approvals

here's another interesting site:

Get Approved for Long Term Care Insurance

Use of a TENS unit is not an autodecline from every company. Either the brokerage is severely limited in their choice of carriers, or there is more at issue here than the use of the TENS unit.

the website below can help you:

We help you turn your LTCi declines into approvals

here's another interesting site:

Get Approved for Long Term Care Insurance

I think it was more that it was associated with chronic back pain according to the doctor's notes. Husband sure doesn't sound convinced that she has chronic back pain and he's a pretty honest guy....trying to get a physician statement to help instead of just going off the APS notes. We'll see what happens.

There has to be more of an issue than the use of a piece of equipment that has been proven NOT to do a thing! I'm sure it was more on the actual diagnosis and the meds that go along with it.

There has to be more of an issue than the use of a piece of equipment that has been proven NOT to do a thing! I'm sure it was more on the actual diagnosis and the meds that go along with it.

Ditto that. A tens unit is is more of a marketing ploy then an effective medical device. Usually folks using it have tried plenty of other things and are on a pile of drugs for whatever is being "treated" by a tens unit.

I've called a few companies and keep getting the same answer. I'm sure whatever is in the doctor's notes is not helping. Hopefully a letter from the physician will improve the situation.

The "source" or the chronic back pain is the real issue.

It could be that it isn't the TENS that is the problem. It could be that the TENS was proscribed INSTEAD of XYZ narcotic and that is causing the issue.

Just a thought from a previous TENS user.

-Brian

Back