Any Dealings With The Unitrin Companies?

jmatos

Guru
100+ Post Club
Arkansas
I am curious if any on here have had any dealings with any of the Unitrin companies? Specifically the Old Reliable Insurance Company which is a subsidiary. Thanks for your help. :GEEK:

We use Unitrin Specialty (Financial Indemnity) and like them. They do download, which is great for us, and are very competitive on DUIs. Great non-standard market (in my opinion) considering they are easy to get.

Unitrin Kemper is quite competitive in our area and I have had discussions with them, we just aren't sure we can give them 6-8 package (auto + home) accounts a month to make them happy during this down market. However, as soon as things pick up, I plan to contract with them.

Speaking of Unitrin, I just became acquainted with their agent-oriented mascot that looks suspiciously familiar...

Meet Sticky - The Retention Frog... :laugh:

Frog+Sticky+Email+art+2011-3.jpg

I had a client start a policy with their moms credit card, the kid was 38, but didnt tell me about it of course, all over the phone....

so when next months eft hit, they were all pissed,,,,,they called Unitrin and said they didnt sign the paperwork for EFT, but of course, I HAD IT.

Unitrin didnt even call me, ask my side or anything, Untrin cancelled my contract without even asking me about it. and I found out when I couldnt quote anything with them, but i still have access to my current policies with them,

Had a horrible experience with Unitrin as a policyholder. They "couldn't find" my payment for six months, in spite of repeatedly faxing customer service my statement that showed the charge. They also told me that they cannot accept faxes sent from eFax.

Well priced product... but if they can't find my premium... what would have happened if I'd needed to submit a claim????

Back