Any experience with AHCP??

I don't have a horse in this race, but this attitude is very bad business and what separates a good GA from a bad GA, or more properly stated, an effective and successful GA from a less successful one. Not to say that any particular GA is not successful, only to say that they are less successful than they would be if they did not have this attitude.

In fact, I suspect that AHCP themselves do not share this perspective. You are absolutely a customer of an GA you work with and it is often times the little things that derail profitable relationships.

His experience may have been an aberration, but your justification of it makes it worse.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear...the relationship between an agent and GA is not a "customer relationship" in my opinion. I would classify it as more of a mutually beneficial business partnership. With that being said...of course as agents we expect for IMO’s,GA's and etc to deliver what they say they will. And the level of contracts, training and support separates the good from the bad. I've never stated that it wasn't AHCP or anyone else's job to not provide agents with adequate support/service. I was simply stating that classifying agents as customers is inaccurate. And to place judgment on any company insurance or otherwise based on a single instance with one employee is unfair. If that’s the case we’d all be leaving companies left and right b/c we talked to an obnoxious, uneducated and overall annoying employee. Now if it’s an issue of Bentley or anyone else continually dealing with unprofessionalism in general with AHCP personally (not their upline) then calling them a “joke” may very well be justifiable. But as it stands no one has stated anything of substance to prove this point.

BENTLEYFINANCIAL: What other qualms are there besides speaking to a loud uneducated rep at AHCP?

Please note that my points have nothing to do with AHCP. I don't know them and they might be great for all I know. They are the example here, but this is an important issue.

Please don't take this personally, but you are absolutely wrong. Do I think it is petty to let emotion get involved in business? Maybe... but if you have a business and you offend your customers, you can bet you will lose a lot of business.

Anyone who owns a business can tell you plenty of stories of how they lost or gained a customer because of some silly or petty reason. People are people, and that is the way the world works. If you ascribe your own sensibilities to your clients you will lose a lot of business.

If I am an MGA (That doesn't also write direct), the only clients I have are the agents who write under me. They are my clients, they are my customers, they are the people who help me make money, they are the reason why I exist. I would make damn sure that they had a positive experience every step of the way. Bentley is just an example... who are you going to believe, the reality of what actually happened, that they lost a potential producer or your thoughts on what should have occurred?

Ask any MGA/IMO/FMO if high contracts and good training is enough to stand out.

Forgive me for I am somewhat of a technical person if you haven't noticed. I agree with you on some levels and you have done nothing to offend me.
:no:
Your right top contracts and training alone isn’t good enough to make them stand out. But if you add support, competency and friendliness to it makes a huge difference. It is absolutely important that an agent or your clients have a positive experience. But it is unfair to define the legitimacy of a company based on a bad experience whether it be human nature or not, whether you intended to continue to do business with them or not. My relationship with my customers to whom I provide service is completely different than my relationship with my GA or business partner if you will. Your right people are people and bad blood or pettiness in any arena can cause either relationship to go sour. But it doesn't make the agent or GA a "joke". It just means they're not the right fit. Although both relationships have expectations I don't believe they are one in the same. We're speaking of the same ideas just with different terminology and perspective.

Customer: A person, company, or other entity which buys goods and services produced by another person, company, or other entity.

Partner: A relationship of two or more entities conducting business for mutual benefit.

tryan, I'm definitely not trying to start any conflict. Six of the other agents that were working through the same GA as me had the exact same experience. I know this because after I called in to AHCP I picked up the phone and called some of my fellow agents and they protested the same thing...... The reason I didn't make this part of the post is because I was sharing based on my experience. More than anything else it was just a little disapointing....You are right, I might have just had a bad experience and over reacted, but then again, so did six other agents......that I knew of

Well I certaily hope that forum members reading "I have a friend" story realize that it's 100% worthless information.

It's bad enough this forum has turned into a bash-fest with personal experiences. Fine. Now we're at the negativity level where it's "my friend got screwed."

Well I'm not sure who, if anyone, annoited you as the "arbiter" of what should be posted, or are you sanctimoniously acting as the "conscience" of the board?

What makes you think anyone cares what the hell you think?

I see it a little differently...

I trust people to make their own decision regarding an issue.

The beauty of the internet (and free speech really) is that you can put it all out there...the good, the bad and the ugly.

People can choose to believe what they choose to believe - it's an open forum of ideas, discussion, and yes - rumors.

This is America, bub.

True - post what you want. I just want readers to understand that I feel they should place zero stock in "I have a friend" stories. Kinda like that "my girlfriend's a Candian model - she's on tour now."

Post what you want. But if I feel it's bullshit then I'll gonna say it's bullshit.

Your friend got underpaid on every single deal for 5 straight months? 100% pure grade A bullshit.

Please remember - I'm not calling you out - you're just relaying a story. I'm calling out your friend - he's full of **** - not you.

Last edited:
tryan, I'm definitely not trying to start any conflict. Six of the other agents that were working through the same GA as me had the exact same experience. I know this because after I called in to AHCP I picked up the phone and called some of my fellow agents and they protested the same thing...... The reason I didn't make this part of the post is because I was sharing based on my experience. More than anything else it was just a little disapointing....You are right, I might have just had a bad experience and over reacted, but then again, so did six other agents......that I knew of

I know your not trying to start anything and neither was I. I just was wondering what had made you draw that conclusion...if six different agents are having the same problem then I understand the issue. From what you posted it seemed as if you just had a somewhat minor problem that turned into a huge deal. Maybe it was the GA who was a broker of AHCP thats screwed up rather then AHCP themselves...maybe not.

I'm appointed with AHCP through Health Choice One and so far I have been extremly pleased with the service. There have been numerous times where I called AHCP and had questions about commissions and it was always taken care of in a professional manner.

BTW, Health Choice One will release you from your AHCP contract with a 30 day notice if you decide to move on to other pastures.

And please accept my apologies for highjacking this thread from it's current course.

mooooo....

:D

'tis true - if you run your AHCP contract through Health Choice One you can be released upon request unless you have a debt. That is in writing by the way.

BentlyFinancial - There is absolutely nothing worse than getting bad customer service. If I call in somewhere I like to be handle professionally. I can understand your complaint.

IF you ever us a GA make sure before you sign anything that they will let you out of your contract. If they don't then they have NO CONFIDENCE in their service.

Back