Any experience with Assurant?

toc3

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Looking for any good or bad info on Assurant. Thinking about getting appointed with them. Would like to know how they are to work with.

It doesn't hurt to get appointed. Heck, thats an almost painless process.

Rumor is that Assurant is pretty good to work with.

In many states (California for sure) they tend to be slightly above average on pricing. Now, some will say I'm being very generous on putting it at only slightly above average..... but it does vary a bit by where you are at in California, and nowhere is it competitive.

Other states they do very well in, again, based on rumor, since I think the world stops at the California border :)

Dan

Easy to work with, but very expensive here in SC. Doesn't hurt to get appointed with them as stated above.

What state are you in? I don't understand asking a question without giving the info needed to answer it. It makes no difference what Assurant is like in SC or CA if you don't sell there...

I just put on a new 14 person group with them effective July 1. They were great in my area.

There rates are horrible in my state.
They came out with a 3 year rate lock for HRA plans 7-1-08.
I was all excited about this plan and thought it sound like a great idea. The rates are double the cost from the most competitive carrier in my state. I thought it was a mistake in rates but it was not.

Back