Any ideas to Jump Start Health Biz?

Alsky

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am an experienced producer for life, annuities and DI ins primarily purchasing mortgage protection leads to get in front of prospects, but I am new to the health biz... Selling health ins on the telephone/internet intrigues me and one of the main reasons I was attracted to this biz.

Well, so far, I got appointed with all of the major players, built a website, hired a telemarking company and studied the products and online app process and etc. I have mailed all my existing clients letting them know the health line of products I now can offer to them.

I know it is just a matter of time before I break out but so far, after 1 week of my hired tele rep calling, I have received 3 telemarketed leads and 2 were crap and 1 I have an online appointment set for Monday.

I have read posts by John P. and others that internet leads are not advised for the newbie in the health biz.

My question, is there anything else I should be doing to "Jump Start" this business? I know there are many accomplished health agents on this forum and any input will be appreciated.

Alsky

Seriously, I don't know how much you are paying for your telemarketer, but you should be getting 2 decent leads per hour, not 3 per week.

Mailing your clients is fine...as a first step. But you need to call them and let them know that you are offering this new service. These people are comfortable with you...they are low hanging fruit.

Last edited:
Seriously, I don't know how much you are paying for your telemarketer, but you should be getting 2 decent leads per hour, not 3 per week.

This is for all of you,

How do you go about hiring someone to do telemarketing, it's hard to pay someone top $$ if they are working from their home,they still haven't gotten trained yet,you don't know if they are working or not ect.

I worked with Jamie for awhile...and she did a fairly good job, but it seems that she is a bit overloaded right now...which makes sense considering how much business she has gotten here.

I've gotten good interest in classified ads for a telemarketing contract job for people to work out of their home, but I'm reluctant to pay money unless they actually produce, hence I've been thinking about paying on a commission based status according on the amount of new business written or leads sent in or appointments set.

What do you guys think about something like that?

Basiccaly it boils down to someone dialing at least 200 times a day and if I have to have a team of 3-4 people working from their homes to set up the pipeline for me, then I'd pay damm good money to have that.

But I do not want to just throw money in the wind hoping someone will produce for me.

Some may say that I should be making these calls myself, but that's never been my style, I hate the phone just as much as everyone else.

Whats worse though is that I actually do well on the phone cold calling, but it wears me down faster then 13 weeks of Marine Corps Boot Camp wrapped up in one day!:skeptical:

Any advice would be welcome!

I've gotten good interest in classified ads for a telemarketing contract job for people to work out of their home, but I'm reluctant to pay money unless they actually produce, hence I've been thinking about paying on a commission based status according on the amount of new business written or leads sent in or appointments set.

Offer a probationary period to new telemarketers of say 30-60 days where you pay them on a per lead basis of say $10-$15 per lead. After they have proven themselves to consistently produce results, you can change it to an hourly rate, plus bonus to keep them motivated.

I would work out how many leads you want a day and determine the number of telemarketers needed using 1 - 1.5 leads per hour as a basis. Some people are more aggressive on the phone. I am not and do not require any of my telemarketers to hard close an appt. on the phone, however, that is left up to your style. I want a minimum of a 3 to 1 return on my money, although I would be complacent with a 2 to 1 ratio.

As soon as it is economically possible, I am going to gradually hire 3-4 girls who consistently send me a minimum of 1 lead an hour for 10-20 hours each. As long as I get the number of leads a week I want and an acceptable return, I will hire 30 people if the numbers work. Being able to pay this for at least two month's w/out money coming is important so you do not get your ass handed to you. I am confident the formula will work as I improve my phone sales abilities and work in a few face to face presentations here and there.

The hardest issue I have noticed thus far with paying girls on a per lead basis is getting them to consistently produce leads weekly and being lied to about their numbers. Then again, telemarketing is not an easy job and I think they should be compensated for their efforts, so they do not have a reason to leave.

I don't really care how many people they call, since I pay on a per lead basis, but i do require each telemarketer I have hired to keep track of their calls as a way for me to train. Some do it, while others don't. I used to require that the lead be sent to me immediately, and now only require that if the prospect wishes to speak with me. COB is fine by me to get the leads now. Hire one at a time and be careful how many hours you spend training. I got my ass handed to me because I was too forthcoming with training until I realized the old "you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink." I want people who are thirsty!!!!

I hope this helps.

Offer a probationary period to new telemarketers of say 30-60 days where you pay them on a per lead basis of say $10-$15 per lead. After they have proven themselves to consistently produce results, you can change it to an hourly rate, plus bonus to keep them motivated.

I would work out how many leads you want a day and determine the number of telemarketers needed using 1 - 1.5 leads per hour as a basis. Some people are more aggressive on the phone. I am not and do not require any of my telemarketers to hard close an appt. on the phone, however, that is left up to your style. I want a minimum of a 3 to 1 return on my money, although I would be complacent with a 2 to 1 ratio.

As soon as it is economically possible, I am going to gradually hire 3-4 girls who consistently send me a minimum of 1 lead an hour for 10-20 hours each. As long as I get the number of leads a week I want and an acceptable return, I will hire 30 people if the numbers work. Being able to pay this for at least two month's w/out money coming is important so you do not get your ass handed to you. I am confident the formula will work as I improve my phone sales abilities and work in a few face to face presentations here and there.

The hardest issue I have noticed thus far with paying girls on a per lead basis is getting them to consistently produce leads weekly and being lied to about their numbers. Then again, telemarketing is not an easy job and I think they should be compensated for their efforts, so they do not have a reason to leave.

I don't really care how many people they call, since I pay on a per lead basis, but i do require each telemarketer I have hired to keep track of their calls as a way for me to train. Some do it, while others don't. I used to require that the lead be sent to me immediately, and now only require that if the prospect wishes to speak with me. COB is fine by me to get the leads now. Hire one at a time and be careful how many hours you spend training. I got my ass handed to me because I was too forthcoming with training until I realized the old "you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink." I want people who are thirsty!!!!

I hope this helps.

That helps a lot!

Thanks.:biggrin:

Back