Any Inde Home Ins Agents Killing It X-selling Life?

DiegoInsGuy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi,

I just wanted to see if there are othe P/C agents x-selling life insurance successfully after closing the home and auto ins?

What is your percentage of closing? Any suggestions as to how this can best be accomplished, besides just bringing it up to each client?

One of the most successful ways I've seen p&c agents do it is by just giving the client a quote on life along with their auto and homeowners coverage and/or quotes.

Thanks. I will include that from now on.

I will go back to all of the clients that I wrote the last 3 months and just send them personalized e-mails and see what they think.

That's not what I'm saying, I'm talking about point of sale, right on the spot. Here is you auto policy, here is a life quote, it's $20/month, do you want it? (or whatever the numbers are).

The real problem is that p&c agents are not life agents and it's tough for a p&c agent to close and present the way a life agent does.

Gotcha. What do you feel that a P/C agent doesn't do that a Life agent does? Basically what can a P/C agent do to be just like a life person?

I feel that it should be easy to get this sale, but I do find that it seems that most clients like to seperate who they use for these type of insurances almost like they don't trust the P/C guy with that part of their life.

I understand that for the financial planning side of things you would want to go to a financial advisor. But for the simple term stuff I just think that it should be simple to close, and I should be closing alot more of it.

Gotcha. What do you feel that a P/C agent doesn't do that a Life agent does? Basically what can a P/C agent do to be just like a life person?

They can quit working as a p&c agent and go work for a life shop to learn how to sell insurance.

I'm joking a little bit, but they have different mentalities and the sales process is very different, even for cheap term. One of the most difficult parts of selling life insurance is building a need, whether people like it or not they mostly already see the need for car insurance. They may not be able to see car insurance, but at least they can look at their car and see what it's protecting. Life insurance is even less tangible (ok ok, they're both intangible, but auto insurance almost appears to be tangible).

Honestly, I think p&c agents are sort of stuck where they are at. It takes months to get a life agent up and running, a p&c agent would need a lot of training to get to the same level of abilities.

I see your point. I will have to overcome that. I'll keep you posted. My goal is to do 1-2 quotes a day and close 30-40%.

Life agents are hunters, P&C agents are gatherers. A life agent has to go out and kill again to get paid, P&C agents amass a book of business and live off renewals.

I see your point. I will have to overcome that. I'll keep you posted. My goal is to do 1-2 quotes a day and close 30-40%.

If you close 10% you'd be far above the average. What state are you in? Pm or email me if you want contracts.

Back