Any life agents use Door Hangers?

I have been considering door hangers as a way to advertise a good bit. I plan to do similar to what Healthagent does and stick out a good many and follow up not too long after with more. His close ratios are not great if he was doing life insurance because of the smaller premiums but has anyone tried this in the last few years?

Thanks a bunch,
Neal Lord

No, but I've always wanted to try it. Every time I think about the time I would invest, I think I could put it to better use doing other things. I prefer not to do business on the weekend, otherwise, Saturday would be the day I got out there and dropped 'em off.

Would personally going out door-to-door just to drop off a hangers be productive?

I've never tried it, but if I did I would hire high school kids to do the hard work.

To bad you would just have to wait for calls to come in from the hangers since it is also fairly easy to get on the Internet and find out phone numbers for for the addresses the hangers were left. But, then of course you get into the do not call list problem.

Thanks for the replies. At this time I don't have many leads, I hate cold calls and DM would seem to take as long as this would. I figure this way the worst that could happen is I loose a few pounds and get some exersize but get no calls.

Going to try in a few days, will let you folks know how it goes.

I'm going to try it this summer also. I ordered the 3000 door hangers from 3000doorhangers.com for $170. My brochure focuses on life insurance. Nice picture of a family. Something like "protect your family with affordable life insurance" and also "life insurance rates have dropped significantly in recent years, we will evaluate your current policy to determine if your coverage can be improved".

I have tried door hangers in one subdivision and got no results. I will think long and hard before I will invest the time and money again. I am still looking for ways to get appointments. If anyone has a proven method to get appointments please post or send them to my email [email protected] , thanks

"tried door hangers in one subdivision"

It is doubtful that one subdivision could qualify for a reasonable and acceptable market study. One subdivision in many places might represent 100 home, 200 homes, etc. One subdivision also represents a similar buying parameter, such as similar income, net worth, lifestyles and family matrix, which could skew your results as well.

In order to determine if you have sufficiently visited the subject and done justice to determining whether the hangars work or not, you should select numerous subdivisions in all different income levels and distribute at least 3-5000 of the hangars. Then and only then could you render an reasoned opinion of what did and didn't work with any certainty.

In addition, you should also select several different messages to distribute and see what hits. Marketing does work, just that it is a fractional response. No different than casting ones line 5 times and determining there are NO fish... Even a bad fisherman will catch fish, if he continues to get the line wet.

And don't forget the increasing number of subdivisions that do not allow solicitation. Worse still, some municipalities have ordinances against any door-to-door activity. Politicians being politicians, politicking is usually excluded from the prohibition. In any event, you don't want a misdemeanor summons.

Before spending time and money, you might want to check on local laws and scout out which subdivisions have no solicitation signs.

I hope to have all my area scouted and checked before I get out there, I sure don't want to get a big fine for this. Hopefully there are a few nice subdivisions and townhomes that I can get.

Thanks all!

Signs on telephone poles will get you fines from virtually every community in America.

Flyers will get you calls from homeowners associations (or the rental office). If you follow behind the pizza guy or the realtor, you'll probably be okay. They do the same neighborhood 1000's of times.

Dan

Back