Any luck with aged med supps internet leads?

JimDandy

Today, I received 170 free aged med supp internet leads from a vender I use as a promotion. Has anyone used or had any luck with this type of lead? Any ideas on close ratios? thanks.

Send me the list and I'll give you all the stats you can handle. Or if you want I'll give a 2:1 trade for any state you want but Ohio.

close ratios are all subjective to how good you are. They're aged leads, you're gonna have to work them pretty hard to make money, but if you're willing to put in the time and the effort, the moneys there.

Generally free is worth what you paid for it. If you can make a few $$ then great.

The quality of the lead can vary considerably. Depends on how they were generated, how many times SOLD, how "aged" they are.

As one who has bought and generated online leads for years I can tell you that some folks who were looking a year ago will come around and contact you and then buy. Others can be called as soon as they are received and they will tell you they already bought . . . if they even bother to answer the phone at all.

All leads, but especially e-leads are a crap shoot and it just depends on how you work them.

I have sold people who told me they just bought. Doesn't happen often, but you have nothing to lose by engaging them in conversation and see how they respond. My conversation goes something like this.

Them - I bought already but thank you for calling.

Me - Sorry to hear that. Guess I was a bit late in calling. If you don't mind my asking, which plan did you buy?

Them - Mutual of Omaha plan G. They had the best rate.

Me - They are a good company, and their rate TODAY isn't the lowest but pretty good. Have you received your policy yet?

Them - No, I just bought yesterday. (or) Yes, I got it last week.

Me- You already bought, but you are still looking?

Them - Just checking to make sure I got the best deal.

Me - If you wanted the absolute lowest rate there are others out there that are better. Would you like me to tell you who has the lowest rate today?

At this point they will either ask or shut me down. Nobody likes to admit they made a mistake.

I tell them they can change plans at ANY time, as long as they are healthy. There is no annual open enrollment for Medigap plans.

Many times they did not know that. So that opens the door for more discussion.

Usually at that time I will answer another question or two and then shift to the take away.

Me - I know you are busy and have something better to do than talk to an insurance agent. And I have to make a living, but let me ask you a question. Do you mind if I send you a 4 page report that shows CURRENT rates on ALL G plans in your area? This is something you probably have never seen, nor will you ever see it again. Most agents don't want to arm you with so much information. I would like you to have it in case you change your mind in the future and want my advice.

I send them a current CSG report attached to a cover email and drop it. Some people open it, others don't. If they never open it I cross them off and never contact them again. If they open it I make a note in my database in case they come around again.

This business is all about planting seeds. Some sprout early. Others take months or years to produce.

You should really stop being so helpful Bob. That's pretty much verbatim what I say with a few twists depending on my mood. I love the sentence, "You already bought, but you are still looking?" That threw me off for a second, but I see what you're doing. Are you using a CRM to track emails or web based software?

It should look familiar JR. I stole it from you.

Right now I am using Bananatag to track emails. Not as comprehensive as I would like but the price is right and it seems to be able to deliver to some of the more difficult ISP's.

I like ReadNotify better but was having delivery problems so I switched to Banana.

The approach is to attempt to establish rapport before digging for details. Surprising how many people will tell you what they bought if you ask non-threatening questions.

Getting them to switch once they have bought is more challenging.

Lady I talked to today was interested but reluctant to change a month after buying. She said she would get back to me during next years open enrollment.

Me - You can call me any time you want, but there are no open enrollment periods for Medigap. If you want to check with me next year you can but my first question will be "Are you in good health?". Like most of the folks I talk to she had no idea she couldn't change every year.

Her - "No one ever told me that. One person told me I could change any time".

Me - That's true. You can change any time . . . as long as you are in good health.

Never hurts to disturb them a bit with a revelation of the truth.

Maybe she will call next year. Maybe she won't.

To be continued . . . .

Back