Any Mass Mutual Agents Out There? I Need Advice, Please.

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I currently work for a captive company and have been looking into leaving to mass mutual or a small agency locally that will offer health benefits and some training. I can't seem to find any job postings for local agencies looking for agents and I have been talking to mass for some time now but am unsure if it would be a good move.

I like mass but am Not really a fan of their "power Monday's" which are 12hr all office days with agency meetings and cold calling, etc. Not trying to sound lazy but I like the flexibility this career offers and it seems like they still have the employee mentality. I have ZERO experience in finding my own prospects/leads since my current company gives me a roster of people to work off so I figured there must be somewhere where I can get training with this.

I could be wrong about it but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Every agency is run differently. It is unlikely but anyone at this particular agency is familiar with their processes.

If you can produce, a smart GA won't give a flip how you spend your time. If you can't, expect to be micromanaged until you quit or your contract is terminated.

That said, you don't know how to prospect and so far you haven't figured out how. Until that changes, your changes of a long career are nil.

So if that is the case would you say to stay away from mass and just work from home and rep many different companies?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What do guys do for health insurance if they aren't married yet? Even when I do get married my finances insurance sucks.

Last edited:
If they will give you training and you need it it may be worth it.

The Mass agency I was with gave me practically zero prospecting training. However, I found the planning training very helpful and insightful (even if it was expensive).

What do you mean by expensive? I take it your no longer with them? Are you independent now?

Advisor06 said:
So if that is the case would you say to stay away from mass and just work from home and rep many different companies?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What do guys do for health insurance if they aren't married yet? Even when I do get married my finances insurance sucks.

You are an insurance agent and you don't know how to buy your own health insurance?

You are an insurance agent and you don't know how to buy your own health insurance?

To be fair a lot of P&C agents really don't and a lot of L&H agents suck at buying their P&C. They have some thoughts on it compared to the average bear but they still need education like everyone else.

I know that when I first started I looked at the lowest deductibles possible because that is what I am used to.

Back