Any Opinions on Western and Southern?

No experience but I interviewed with them and they seemed to have a very structured and well thought out training program.

I don't know much about them for NC but they look pretty good. I know they are pretty big out in CA and a few people who have moved here swear by them.

What are you looking for in terms of answers? What makes them "good" or bad?"

Remember, you are selling yourself. Your products have to be decent, too, which W&S are, but you are the reason people buy things.

Looking at the company they have a good span of products (term, Whole Life, Universal Life, Accidental policies, Critical Illness which needs a health license, mutual funds which you need a securities license for). I think that will work well in your favor since you have "one of everything" to work with.

Do you have an interview lined up with them? You need to see if you get the support where you are, the name of the company and products come second to training. If you want superior products and no training then go be an independent. You need to learn the products and how to prospect and keep good applications- otherwise you are throwing money away.

No experience but I interviewed with them and they seemed to have a very structured and well thought out training program.

That is what I thought when I interviewed.

I don't know much about them for NC but they look pretty good. I know they are pretty big out in CA and a few people who have moved here swear by them.

Remember, you are selling yourself. Your products have to be decent, too, which W&S are, but you are the reason people buy things.

Looking at the company they have a good span of products (term, Whole Life, Universal Life, Accidental policies, Critical Illness which needs a health license, mutual funds which you need a securities license for). I think that will work well in your favor since you have "one of everything" to work with.

Do you have an interview lined up with them? You need to see if you get the support where you are, the name of the company and products come second to training. If you want superior products and no training then go be an independent. You need to learn the products and how to prospect and keep good applications- otherwise you are throwing money away.

I am looking for good or bad opinions. I had an interview last year with them, but the one I interviewed at is too far from where I live. I did get a job offer with them, though. I was thinking about contacting the one closer to me. After we talked yesterday, I decided to look more into different companies and see what each offers and best suits me for what I want to do.

That's how it seemed to me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had an interview last year and got offered the job, but the office is too far. I found an office in Charlotte and am going to talk to the manager Friday. I am not sure what I am going to do, but after our conversation the other day, I decided to look more into different companies.

Last edited:
That's how it seemed to me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had an interview last year and got offered the job, but the office is too far. I found an office in Charlotte and am going to talk to the manager Friday. I am not sure what I am going to do, but after our conversation the other day, I decided to look more into different companies.

Good move! Let me know how the interview goes! Going captive for a while isn't a bad idea to learn and be in a learning environment. Think of a reduction in commission as the cost of tuition.

Will do! Are you looking for another person? :biggrin:

I am for P&C and one for L&H. However, I don't take people that have full-time jobs and do this on the side. It just hasn't historically worked well for me or them.

Actually, how are you going to W&S then?

Send me a PM if this is getting too personal...

I am for P&C and one for L&H. However, I don't take people that have full-time jobs and do this on the side. It just hasn't historically worked well for me or them.

Actually, how are you going to W&S then?

Send me a PM if this is getting too personal...

I am not going to do this on the side. It will be full time. I just am not going to quit my current job until I am hired with another company.

Back