Any Other Real Estate Brokers Out There Selling Insurance?

Curious to see if there are any other real estate Brokers who have added L&H to their business. I'm finding that I have a captive audience working as a "boutique" shop real estate broker when it comes to leads. Especially in all forms of life and supplements.

Anyone else going this route, or ever tried it?

sokybrian

Real Estate Broker / Health Agent
Bowling Green,KY

The hardest part of working hard is getting your shoes on in the morning.

Chris Everett Lloyd

Every time I hear of someone from another industry (such as real estate) selling insurance I am reminded of the "jack of all trades - master of none" comment.

Rick

everyone has their own niche, and if you can make both work for you then go for it; but take care not to become too spread out or you will loose credibility. Real Estate might go well with a P&C license, since that is still part of the transaction. You might also wish to try mortgage protection life if you want to add some value to your real estate business. The question is, are you trying to add value to your RE business by adding insurance; or adding value to your insurance business by adding RE? Whichever one is primary, you want to concentrate on that aspect.

Curious to see if there are any other real estate Brokers who have added L&H to their business. I'm finding that I have a captive audience working as a "boutique" shop real estate broker when it comes to leads. Especially in all forms of life and supplements.

Anyone else going this route, or ever tried it?

sokybrian

Real Estate Broker / Health Agent
Bowling Green,KY

The hardest part of working hard is getting your shoes on in the morning.

Chris Everett Lloyd

I have been reading this forum off and on since 2009 and I have decided to incorporate insurance sales into my business plan next year.

Successful real estate agents would never think of getting into insurance. They're too busy making the big bucks in real estate. Yes, even in this market. I'd say to stick with real estate. Buy a good website, pay for SEO, get ranked on Google page one and call it a day.

Successful real estate agents would never think of getting into insurance. They're too busy making the big bucks in real estate. Yes, even in this market. I'd say to stick with real estate. Buy a good website, pay for SEO, get ranked on Google page one and call it a day.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
That is sooooooooo funny, Because back in 2004 when real estate was booming I witnessed many many many $$$$ucce$$$$ful Insurance Brokers get into Real Estate Brokerage. And we didn't complain.

I say do what you want. My friends real estate business was suffering after getting in at the peek when any Realtor could make money. He went and got his life and health license and decided he was going to do both. In fact, he want out of real estate all together.

Well, he decided trying to do both was fruitless for him. He started to concentrate more on becoming an expert in forclosures and working with the banks directly and hooked up with a good agency (no more Remax). Best thing he aver did from what he says. He is doing really well compared to other agents trying to be all things to all people as some say. I can't imagine how well he would do if he had a website with some good SEO going on. I know his broker does and he sends him a good bit of work for his territory so maybe he doesn't need to.

The people I know making good money in either industry are the ones focusing on a niche market or product. These are 100k and above, up to 400k a year earners. The others seem to be grasping for straws and making straw grasper pay. If you are looking to find what you like or suits you, then that is one thing. To just dabble in both and go out there and throw a bunch of poo at the wall and see what sticks is just pure chaos IMHO and not professional.

Back