Any Other Real Estate Brokers Out There Selling Insurance?

If you guys notice the date of my original post at the top of this thread, it's been almost a year give or take a week or so. Here's an update:

Real Estate Company is closed
:embarrassed:

Broker's license is active but just hanging on the wall, I'm ready to place in escrow - worn out with it, even through the good years. It's a broken industry.
:no:

Have been full time insurance for over 8 months now. Very successful so far and dedicated. Supporting a wife, three kids, and 2 dogs.
:goofy:

I continue to learn and expand my opportunities. I've found that with insurance there is no end to education and that is very challenging to me. I enjoy that part of it greatly.
:GEEK:

At this point I must say that I'm much happier, much healthier, and sleep very well at night.
:)

Don't think I could have done both, and been happy at the same time
:nah:

Sokybrian

Congratulations on the transition. My point a year ago was that if you are good at one thing, stick to it. Don't try to be a "jack of all trades."

Insurance can be a terrific career. I've been licensed since 1978 and independent since 1996.

There have been and now are some MAJOR changes coming specifically in the heatlh insurance side. Because of that I'm shifting my focus starting in January.

Glad to hear that you've made it.

Rick

Yeah, there is the risk of spreading yourself too thin. The other option would be to take on an insurance agent if the flow is high enough. Other than that you could always sell the leads to another agent.

I will never buy a house through a Real Agent that also sells insurance nor will I buy insurance from an insurance agent that also sells houses.

Next thing you know, he's offering Pre-Paid Legal services.

I'm a Life Broker and I've been trying to partner with some realtors and mortgage brokers but they've only sent me one referral in over a year and I do follow up with these "partners" and nothing. Any suggestions?

Don't let anyone fool you that they don't do anything but real estate and they are all rich brokers. Sure they make more per sale, but business is very seasonal for some and sparatic at best for most of us. Just like insurance, your either too busy or have to much time on your hands. I'm a real broker and adding L&H/P/C was only like adding gravy on the turkey. Also found that providing more services kept my clients closer and they remembered and refered me more often.. fyi..

I was a Real Estate Broker for 10 years, and fairly successful. I also managed a firm of 28 brokers, enjoyed that as well. After experiencing the industry drive itself off a cliff, I decided on a career change and bought an existing agency. I have no regrets. I still hold my Brokers license to serve friends and family should they decide to buy in this area. I will not list a home, since I cannot provide the level of service necessary, but can refer to other Agents.

I have also been contacting my Realtor friends for business. As it's already been pointed out, it is difficult to serve two masters and I choose the Insurance industry. On the other hand it doesn't hurt to keep my Real estate license as I would be a fool to leave those dollars on the table.

Dave

I am a Realtor exploring this very same possibility. The original post is a bit dated; does anyone have additional thoughts on the matter, in light of the changes in RE and health insurance since the original post?

Much appreciate your time and replies. Thank you, and happy 2015!!!

Hi RealMcCoy

My company AIRECS assist realtor/brokers in adding Insurance as a profit center. If you are interested in getting some more info I would be glad to call you to discuss and send you some info. Just let me know a good contact number for yourself and an email. Have a great day!

Back