Any Other Real Estate Brokers Out There Selling Insurance?

Hi RealMcCoy

My company AIRECS assist realtor/brokers in adding Insurance as a profit center. If you are interested in getting some more info I would be glad to call you to discuss and send you some info. Just let me know a good contact number for yourself and an email. Have a great day!

Somewhat similar. I am an appraiser in florida and am testing soon for my general lines license. Many more avenues in insurance it seems but will still keep my appraisers license.

The residential appraisal business has gotten destroyed in the past 3 to 5 years. Not because of demand, but because of increased regulation, Fannie and Freddie requirements, individual lender requirements, the UAD, and the handing over of the industry to AMCs

Pretty sure agents are not fond of AMCs as well.

On the insurance side there are some pretty big problems with valuations that are quite evident which negatively affect policy holders. Citizens in Florida got banged on a big class action suit which was filed in 2012 on inflated valuations.

A lot to say about that another time.

Curious to see if there are any other real estate Brokers who have added L&H to their business. I'm finding that I have a captive audience working as a "boutique" shop real estate broker when it comes to leads. Especially in all forms of life and supplements.

Anyone else going this route, or ever tried it?

sokybrian

Real Estate Broker / Health Agent
Bowling Green,KY

The hardest part of working hard is getting your shoes on in the morning.

Chris Everett Lloyd

There are many insurance agents picking up real estate - the two industries work well together and if you have qualified staff you should be able to handle adding some diversification which adds some job security and additional revenue in an unpredictable world. If you can't do more than one thing in an 8 hour day or don't have good help don't try it, otherwise go for it. Most successful businesses have more than one product on the shelf at any one time to protect themselves against changes they have no control over, if you don't do the same you could be out of business with one piece of legislation.

There are many insurance agents picking up real estate - the two industries work well together and if you have qualified staff you should be able to handle adding some diversification which adds some job security and additional revenue in an unpredictable world.

If you can't do more than one thing in an 8 hour day

I'm out:1tongue:
I'm in business NOT to work an 8 hour day....geez!!!:biggrin:

or don't have good help don't try it, otherwise go for it. Most successful businesses have more than one product on the shelf at any one time to protect themselves against changes they have no control over, if you don't do the same you could be out of business with one piece of legislation.

In all fairness, it's a matter of focus and/or desire....
IMO I really enjoy laser sharp focus, then any other energy or effort is optional.
8 hour day ha...that sounds too much like a 'have to' job...you know for ppl that have to work, for other ppl:goofy:

Wanted to see if i could get any recent opinions on this. Both my wife and I are in real Estate. We have in past referred business between a few companies. I recently was approached by a Insurance Broker who said I should pick up My Insurance license and sell Home Owners Insurance through him. To me this would just be another services I could directly offer my buyers and still make a little bit on the side.

My other thought though is this would give me another great reason to always stay in touch with past clients.
I know the big debate on this thread so far has been if you are doing to much then what are you really a master at, however my thought is unlike most agent in my area as soon as they get a question that isn't 100% related to their job they just pass the question off. As someone who knows more than most agent when it comes to home construction, whats going on in my community, things happening in the mortgage industry I am always amazed by the lack of knowledge in other real estate agents. So to me this is just another tool in my toolbox that I can speak intelligently about when I am with a client or just a social or networking event that sets me apart from other Real Estate Agents.

Anyone else out there selling real estate and insurance?

Back