Any Part D Help for E.D. Drugs?

beachbum2012

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I visited a potential client today who is a prostate cancer survivor. They actually removed his prostate and an associated nerve so only by using an injectible E.D. drug (he currently uses Edex) can he perform.

He's aging into Medicare in the next couple months, and I noticed Medicare is pretty strict on not covering these drugs under Part D. Has anyone ever had any luck with a client getting a formulary exception in these situations? With him, pills don't help at all and only with the injectible will it create the desired result. If there's no chance for Part D, any suggestions on the most cost efficient way to get this drug? Any particular prescription discount cards, for example?

Any help on getting him pointed in the right direction (pun intended) would be appreciated. :)

Hard to say. Medicare can be pretty stiff with exceptions.

lol. I doubt you will find any. The best bet is to contact the drug company and ask for relief. Or check local pharmacies not the chains and ask if they have a coupon for the drug or if they will discount the drug if the client brings all his other meds to the new pharmacy(MANY independents will do this).

lol. I doubt you will find any. The best bet is to contact the drug company and ask for relief. Or check local pharmacies not the chains and ask if they have a coupon for the drug or if they will discount the drug if the client brings all his other meds to the new pharmacy(MANY independents will do this).

Don't be such a softy. You could have at least sprung a few jokes in there...

2 Popsicle sticks and a couple rubber bands? If he has a real hard on to get it covered, maybe he could call Edex, and ask for a hand.

Back