Any Success with Exposure Via YouTube?

Actually, I was looking for replies from people who may have had some success. Does your answer mean you've tried and had no success, or you haven't done anything via YouTube?
Also, I'm not clear on what "and the links are no follow" means.

I have for recruiting.

Example if you go to google.com , click on videos, and type in United Home Life or most of my other companies, I will be some of the 1st links every time and I believe it helps move up my ranking for the search terms also.

I think it is also important to have videos on your website.

Actually, I was looking for replies from people who may have had some success. Does your answer mean you've tried and had no success, or you haven't done anything via YouTube?
Also, I'm not clear on what "and the links are no follow" means.

when a site links to your site, be a blog post comment forum profile signature....etc, they are casting a vote for your site....

a site can place a no follow attribute to all outgoing links on a page, google says they do not give credit to "no follow" links from what I have read.

So if you had 1k "no follow" links, it may not be doing you any good at all.

YouTube videos are no follow, so the only real benefit is direct traffic, not the backlink from the video.....kind of like articlebase articles that are no follow, some SEO's are trying to directly market their articles and hope a prospect with click on their url in the little author box.

Thanks for those replies. Even if the links are no-follow, doesn't the YouTube video provide exposure and information about your business?

I've got about 60 videos on at least 2 dozen video sharing sites.

The video sites rarely show on my sites' logs as referrers. This means that very, very few people are clicking on the links in the descriptions.

I've also put unique toll free numbers on some of my videos, like the one below:

Same result. (The phone number is no longer valid.)

If you are creative enough to create a video that goes viral, that is a different story. If not...

Posting a video or a bunch of videos on YouTube is like throwing business cards into the wind. In theory, one of your cards will get picked up by someone who will buy. However, there are better ways to generate traffic that work a lot more consistently.

I'd also love to hear from people who have generated leads for the insurance industry by using video. Maybe my strategy was sub optimal. However, I have tried it using what I thought was a good strategy and did not get results.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1800insuranceCT

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if I have this correct, the no-follow links provide links back to your web site, for web traffic, but provide no additional help adding backlink/search engine ranking help.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow. Sixty videos with very few clicks. Do you have any ideas as to why the performed so poorly?

Last edited:
So, if I have this correct, the no-follow links provide links back to your web site, for web traffic, but provide no additional help adding backlink/search engine ranking help.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow. Sixty videos with very few clicks. Do you have any ideas as to why they performed so poorly?

I understand that my sites may have been helped by the backlinks, but that is a very hard to measure metric.

My approach to SEO involves a lot of different strategies. This makes it next to impossible to determine how much each component helped me in the SERPs.

I'll assume that you are an expert on the subject. So:
  • How well should they have performed?
  • What do you think I did wrong?

Back