Any Term Life For A 68 Year Old ? (Has Columbus Life Now)

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
68, Female, 5'-1", 125 lbs., Non Smoker

Has 50K, she thought she had Columbus Life, $116 mo., took it out 1 year ago

Meds:

Premarin-To treat symptoms of menopause
Ritampin-Prevent TB. She takes this for 3 months only. I guess she doesn't have TB but maybe a small amount of the bacteria is present. She didn't explain this too well and I am not familiar with this treatment.

I can't call an FMO right now so I'll see if anybody can help here.

She didn't know exactly what she had and I was on the phone with her. Not familiar with Columbus Life, I assume she has a term plan based on the premium, death benefit and she took it out about a year ago.

I think I can rule out it being FE.

Meds:

Ritampin-Prevent TB. She takes this for 3 months only. I guess she doesn't have TB but maybe a small amount of the bacteria is present. She didn't explain this too well and I am not familiar with this treatment.

She didn't know exactly what she had and I was on the phone with her. Not familiar with Columbus Life, I assume she has a term plan based on the premium, death benefit and she took it out about a year ago.

Until you know what she has you're spinning your wheels. Look at the policy or get on the phone with the company and find out exactly what coverage she has now.

I'm betting it's completely different than described.

Wouldn't be surprised if she had Columbian Life $25K with $25K ad&d. But that rate is on the low side for it to be Columbian.

The devil is in the details.

Meds:

I just looked at some rates for a couple of ages with Columbus Life's no lapse UL, at age 66 the rate is $115.08. At age 67 it's $121.12. Neither of those match $116, but they are close. And I really don't know if they've had any rate changes in the past year or two that would have made it the rates different than they are today for those ages.

With that said, if it's $50,000 and it's with Columbus Life, I'm guessing it's a no lapse UL. But that's just a guess based on the info you've provided. The best way to know for certain is to look at her policy.

I just looked at some rates for a couple of ages with Columbus Life's no lapse UL, at age 66 the rate is $115.08. At age 67 it's $121.12. Neither of those match $116, but they are close. And I really don't know if they've had any rate changes in the past year or two that would have made it the rates different than they are today for those ages.

Thanks for this! Interesting, sounds like it could be a tough case.

I think I'll try to call the company with her on the phone before driving to see her knowing this.

Back