Anybody Ever Used Care Improvement Plus Plans?

AOKING

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Has anybody had any experience writing CIP plans? I think it is some type of snp............

Yep, and I've taken dozens off it. Horrible plan, service, people, etc.

It has been discussed on here several times.

I have some clients who just love them. One can't run away fast enough.

Hear the same with the other carriers.

I'm contracted with them. Some clients like them a lot for the fringe benefits (dental, transportation, over the counter catalog). I only use CIP for duals. Their other plans are not competitive.

Is anybody writing alot of premium with them? Is anybody making alot of money in the snp niche? They say that they will do 0 cost mailers for me and they can keep me busy for a year writing in only 5 counties...........Don't know if that is possible... What do you guys think??? Could an agent make a good living just writing cip through these leads?

Is anybody writing alot of premium with them? Is anybody making alot of money in the snp niche? They say that they will do 0 cost mailers for me and they can keep me busy for a year writing in only 5 counties...........Don't know if that is possible... What do you guys think??? Could an agent make a good living just writing cip through these leads?

Don't put too much expectation into those $0 cost mailers.... they don't get very much response. Of course, the quality of your mailing list will be important...

My FMO provided me about 2000 mailers for free, and I got ONE response, and that one cancelled her appointment based on a family member's recommendation. (Don't you just love it when people believe everything told to them by some ignoramus, and won't listen to a word of your informed advice???)

As far as CIP members go though, they hang tough. My retention rate is higher among them than other MA plans. You just MUST educate them on how the plans work and don't sell them to people for whom they are not suited.

It's possible, I write a good bit of CIP. The letters worked very well in the beginning but the response has dropped off significantly. It really depends on your market. Here in SC they are the #2 plan by enrollment numbers overall, not just for SNP's. Their SNP plan is competitive in just about every county here. I don't know if I would say that they could keep you busy year round. They might keep you a slow trickle throughout the year though. And given your only expense is a list, that's not a bad ROI.

Back