Anybody Have Bankers Life Med Supp Rates for Georgia?

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
I don't see them listed on CSG. Just trying to give some ammunition to a person who has a newly licensed friend out of state wanting her to go with her on a Med Supp. She's wanting to let her down gently.

65 year old female non-tobacco 30265 zip code. Plans F, G and N.

TIA

I don't see them listed on CSG. Just trying to give some ammunition to a person who has a newly licensed friend out of state wanting her to go with her on a Med Supp. She's wanting to let her down gently.

TIA

Just take the lowest premium company and add 35%. You should be in the ball park...

TIA

I didn't see them either. They would be Colonial Penn...don't know why they aren't listed, must be up to something no good. CP shows up in Illinois at 45th for Plan F, 37th for Plan G and 21st for Plan N. F and G are comfortably in the bottom half, and Plan N is towards the bottom of the top half on premiums. Not competitive. Hope that helps.

Just saw SAI's formula and tried it. It's very close. On Plan G, it came out to 38.5%.

I didn't see them either. They would be Colonial Penn...don't know why they aren't listed, must be up to something no good. CP shows up in Illinois at 45th for Plan F, 37th for Plan G and 21st for Plan N. F and G are comfortably in the bottom half, and Plan N is towards the bottom of the top half on premiums. Not competitive. Hope that helps.

Just saw SAI's formula and tried it. It's very close. On Plan G, it came out to 38.5%.

Just bring up the Inside Edition story on Agent training at Bankers LIfe and show that to your prospect. That should tell them everything they need to know

Just bring up the Inside Edition story on Agent training at Bankers LIfe and show that to your prospect. That should tell them everything they need to know

Considering this lady is a lifelong friend of hers, I'm avoiding going that route. Wouldn't want her to think I'm implying her friend would do the things shown in that video. If it were some random agent I would have no issues letting the person know of the "buyer beware" issues associated with Bankers. But I have to avoid impugning her friend. I've explained that they only have one carrier to offer and it isn't normally competitive as far as Med Supps go. I've also explained that since she's a newly licensed agent, she's just going to be repeating what her manager tells her (that's about as close as I can come to a warning about the standard operating procedure of Bankers agents).

This lady doesn't want to go with her friend, but is also wanting to avoid any hurt feelings and also doesn't want to lie to her. Considering that this agent is captive (one Med Supp and one MAPD - Humana), she feels the easiest route would be to say her friend can't offer the product that she actually wants. In her situation, if she chose the MAPD route, Humana is the MAPD that would likely work for her. All of her doctors are in the network and her Meds are much lower on the Humana plan than with say Aetna's PPO MAPD.

I was just hoping to see how far apart the rates are for Med Supps. I do find it interesting that the rates aren't on CSG. I could have sworn they were there at one time. I can only assume Bankers doesn't want their rates listed.

Considering this lady is a lifelong friend of hers, I'm avoiding going that route. Wouldn't want her to think I'm implying her friend would do the things shown in that video. If it were some random agent I would have no issues letting the person know of the "buyer beware" issues associated with Bankers. But I have to avoid impugning her friend. I've explained that they only have one carrier to offer and it isn't normally competitive as far as Med Supps go. I've also explained that since she's a newly licensed agent, she's just going to be repeating what her manager tells her (that's about as close as I can come to a warning about the standard operating procedure of Bankers agents).

This lady doesn't want to go with her friend, but is also wanting to avoid any hurt feelings and also doesn't want to lie to her. Considering that this agent is captive (one Med Supp and one MAPD - Humana), she feels the easiest route would be to say her friend can't offer the product that she actually wants. In her situation, if she chose the MAPD route, Humana is the MAPD that would likely work for her. All of her doctors are in the network and her Meds are much lower on the Humana plan than with say Aetna's PPO MAPD.

I was just hoping to see how far apart the rates are for Med Supps. I do find it interesting that the rates aren't on CSG. I could have sworn they were there at one time. I can only assume Bankers doesn't want their rates listed.

Colonial Penn's still on CSG in Illinois.

Didn't her friend give her a price for CP?

I didn't think CSG illustrated rates for any captive. For a long time they didn't show USAA and then somehow managed to get their hands on them.

I don't believe any of the Farm Bureau plans are shown, but I could be wrong.

I didn't think CSG illustrated rates for any captive. For a long time they didn't show USAA and then somehow managed to get their hands on them.

Maybe Bankers requested their rates not be listed? Reserve in TX, the only carrier whom offer u65 supp's is Captive and their rates are listed.

Physicians Mutual shows up here too.

Latest posts

Back