Anybody Know Anything About This?

Discussion in 'Senior Insurance Forum' started by axeman462, Aug 23, 2017.

1. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I worked in a WalMart for Humana when Part D started. Wrote a bunch of PDP and also a fair number of PFFS. I think mailed the people the next year along with mass mailings. Wrote a ton of business.

Two years ago I tried the same thing. Aside from the show of "People of WalMart" it was a total waste.

Rick

2. senior-advisor-indiana

senior-advisor-indiana Guru

State:
    Indiana
    I'm surprised Walmart allows their door greeters to sell pdps...

3. Wiggy

Wiggy New Member

There are a couple agents in my brokerage who kill it inside local Wal-Marts during AEP. Having a very busy Wal-Mart in an area with great product movement seems to be key, but two of them have put up 100+ in a Wal-Mart three straight years.

4. isaias

isaias Expert

State:
    Texas
    Having worked a Walmart myself, I find that very hard to believe. If it's true I'll like to know where and how they did it.

5. Wiggy

Wiggy New Member

I'm not terribly concerned with what you believe, but our strongest retail producer did 130-140 in a Wal-Mart in Southern IN last year. He worked very little outside of AEP last year, and was on the "top producers" list with more than 1 carrier in the state.

This year I have a brand new Wal-Mart in an area that will draw seniors from many counties (some in KY, as we are on the border). The county it is located in has a new $0 HMO with no referrals, when in the past they only had RPPOs. I'm not very aggressive in Wal-Mart, and certainly not the best "salesman," but I would be extremely disappointed if I don't generate 100+ pieces of business from it.

FWIW I will be in that Wal-Mart approximately 30 hours/wk. I'm including sales where the client calls later or sets an in-home appt, but plenty of ink hits paper in-store.

6. Todd King

Todd King Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Okay then, there are such things as unicorns! :laugh:

7. axeman462

axeman462 Guru

State:
    Florida
  8. yorkriver1

yorkriver1 Guru

Always a great day when Bob refers to Greek philosophers. :1laugh:

9. somarco

somarco Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Just trying to keep things classy around here

10. Limozine

Limozine New Member

I'm brand new (this will be my first AEP) and my manager has assigned me to a Walmart. I know many here are not fans of working a Walmart booth, but I am going to give it a shot this year since the agent working it with me has done it before with some success.

My question is: my manager says I can only get consent to contact forms and have to set in-home or in-office appointments for later to write apps. Can I not take MAPD applications at the Walmart? It would seem to me to be the much better way to go, if possible.