Anybody Know Anything About This?

These are the answers I was expecting. I'm still trying to find that agent out there that did well at it. I've searched for years and still haven't found one!

I worked in a WalMart for Humana when Part D started. Wrote a bunch of PDP and also a fair number of PFFS. I think mailed the people the next year along with mass mailings. Wrote a ton of business.

Two years ago I tried the same thing. Aside from the show of "People of WalMart" it was a total waste.

Rick

I worked in a WalMart for Humana when Part D started. Wrote a bunch of PDP and also a fair number of PFFS. I think mailed the people the next year along with mass mailings. Wrote a ton of business.

Two years ago I tried the same thing. Aside from the show of "People of WalMart" it was a total waste.

Rick

I'm surprised Walmart allows their door greeters to sell pdps...

These are the answers I was expecting. I'm still trying to find that agent out there that did well at it. I've searched for years and still haven't found one!

There are a couple agents in my brokerage who kill it inside local Wal-Marts during AEP. Having a very busy Wal-Mart in an area with great product movement seems to be key, but two of them have put up 100+ in a Wal-Mart three straight years.

There are a couple agents in my brokerage who kill it inside local Wal-Marts during AEP. Having a very busy Wal-Mart in an area with great product movement seems to be key, but two of them have put up 100+ in a Wal-Mart three straight years.

Having worked a Walmart myself, I find that very hard to believe. If it's true I'll like to know where and how they did it.

Having worked a Walmart myself, I find that very hard to believe. If it's true I'll like to know where and how they did it.

I'm not terribly concerned with what you believe, but our strongest retail producer did 130-140 in a Wal-Mart in Southern IN last year. He worked very little outside of AEP last year, and was on the "top producers" list with more than 1 carrier in the state.

This year I have a brand new Wal-Mart in an area that will draw seniors from many counties (some in KY, as we are on the border). The county it is located in has a new $0 HMO with no referrals, when in the past they only had RPPOs. I'm not very aggressive in Wal-Mart, and certainly not the best "salesman," but I would be extremely disappointed if I don't generate 100+ pieces of business from it.

FWIW I will be in that Wal-Mart approximately 30 hours/wk. I'm including sales where the client calls later or sets an in-home appt, but plenty of ink hits paper in-store.

Okay then, there are such things as unicorns! :laugh:

Todd searching for an honest man . . .

220px-Diogenes-statue-Sinop-enhanced.jpg

Always a great day when Bob refers to Greek philosophers. :1laugh:

I'm brand new (this will be my first AEP) and my manager has assigned me to a Walmart. I know many here are not fans of working a Walmart booth, but I am going to give it a shot this year since the agent working it with me has done it before with some success.

My question is: my manager says I can only get consent to contact forms and have to set in-home or in-office appointments for later to write apps. Can I not take MAPD applications at the Walmart? It would seem to me to be the much better way to go, if possible.

Back