Anybody Know of Company Hiring in Miami Area

Luis081997

Just recently got my license and most company's online require 1 year of experience don't know where else to look

Many questions...

-Do folks just acquire 2-20 Lic without working in the insurance industry already? Most folks I know start out either cold calling or working as CSR type posts until they are sure they want to get licensed.

-What is your primary goal or what do you want to do? Personal Lines like Home/Auto or are you more interested in tackling Commercial?

-What do you want to try and accomplish? Where do you see yourself in 1-3 years?

Good Luck!

Many questions...

-Do folks just acquire 2-20 Lic without working in the insurance industry already? Most folks I know start out either cold calling or working as CSR type posts until they are sure they want to get licensed.

-What is your primary goal or what do you want to do? Personal Lines like Home/Auto or are you more interested in tackling Commercial?

-What do you want to try and accomplish? Where do you see yourself in 1-3 years?

Good Luck!
Home/auto do you know a company yes or no

Home/auto do you know a company yes or no

It's great you are looking for a job and want someone here to hire you but I have a couple other suggestions.

-Indeed.com is loaded with job opportunities. You should post a resume there with everything you have accomplished outside of the 2-20 to this point. Lots of companies will jump on your information.

-Nobody here knows what kind of resume and background you have, be really difficult to give you a referral without some prior information. You wouldn't send just anyone off a message board to a good friend who is the VP of Brown and Brown without some prior vetting.

-Progressive/Geico or any automobile call center in South Florida is going to be hiring all the time.

-Estrella Insurance is down in Miami, several locations, might be right in your wheelhouse.

Good Luck again!

It's great you are looking for a job and want someone here to hire you but I have a couple other suggestions.

-Indeed.com is loaded with job opportunities. You should post a resume there with everything you have accomplished outside of the 2-20 to this point. Lots of companies will jump on your information.

-Nobody here knows what kind of resume and background you have, be really difficult to give you a referral without some prior information. You wouldn't send just anyone off a message board to a good friend who is the VP of Brown and Brown without some prior vetting.

-Progressive/Geico or any automobile call center in South Florida is going to be hiring all the time.

-Estrella Insurance is down in Miami, several locations, might be right in your wheelhouse.

Good Luck again!
thank you,another reason as to why I may be struggling is because I just recently graduated high school so my work history is very limited but I'll be sure to give those companies a try. My main source has been indeed no luck yet but I'll keep looking

thank you,another reason as to why I may be struggling is because I just recently graduated high school so my work history is very limited but I'll be sure to give those companies a try. My main source has been indeed no luck yet but I'll keep looking

First and foremost congrads on getting your HS diploma, it already is opening doors for you as you thought enough to go out and get yourself a quick education in something that can put food on the table. You did with your 2-20.

-The obvious: You are very young and the likelihood most folks are going to view you as an insurance expert is probably not high, HOWEVER the fact you are young but a hard worker will play well with folks so i would be hitting everyone up for Auto Quotes that you can.

-You need to find an agency or independent agent/agency that will take you under their wings and train you. I would be looking for a cold calling position from say 3-8pm and call nothing but X-Dates for an agency. They CANNOT find people to make phone calls so make that YOUR CALLING CARD, let them know you will make 100 calls a day if need be as long as they have numbers to dial.

You might need someone to look at your resume. If you Google "Resume with no work experience" or "Resume for young adult" and just dive in Luis. Don't get frustrated or lose your focus. You stood tall, you got the 2-20 and that's way better than most ever do.

I think you need to find a good mentor that can help steer you to the right place. The worst move would be to take a job but then find out that it's one of the worst places to work. It's OK to say no to certain jobs.

Find the SIC Code for insurance agencies and do a 5-10 mile search around the radius of your zip code/home and start calling them for jobs. That would be your best bet IMHO.

----------

Insurance Exchange of America, North Miami area. You will have to look them up and you will have to find your way in there but they basically are a call center, you receive a salary plus some kind of bonus per policy, I don't know a lot more than that.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back