Anybody Use FedEx Office Direct Mail Services?

I use Every Door Direct Mail(EDDM) by the us post office. I am not sure if they have this service in every state but its only 14.5 cents per piece.

I use Every Door Direct Mail(EDDM) by the us post office. I am not sure if they have this service in every state but its only 14.5 cents per piece.

I've often wondered about this, and for our industry, how you could capitalize on the fact that you're shooting blind with no kind of demographic sort, whatsoever.

I've often wondered about this, and for our industry, how you could capitalize on the fact that you're shooting blind with no kind of demographic sort, whatsoever.

I tried EDDM last year and it was for MAPD Chronic Illness. I dropped off about 1500 mailers. And of course you can only hope for phone calls and I received ONE replier and he was not capable of making his own decisions.
I had to take the mailers to a printer to get them customized with all the necessary CMS compliance stuff, postal permit (which was free) and my agency contact info and such.
And since you cannot do any kind of follow up it really is a one shot deal.
It was a lot of work and it failed miserably.

Sorry to hear that - thanks for sharing your experience with us on it.

If you were mailing to a senior community, exclusively, I think a Medicare Supplement mailing done through this program would be effective.

Absent that, it's just a shot in the dark that's better suited to a pizza delivery business or new restaurant opening, in my opinion.

I tried EDDM last year and it was for MAPD Chronic Illness. I dropped off about 1500 mailers. And of course you can only hope for phone calls and I received ONE replier and he was not capable of making his own decisions.
I had to take the mailers to a printer to get them customized with all the necessary CMS compliance stuff, postal permit (which was free) and my agency contact info and such.

I do EDDM for P&C and have decent results. Time of the year matters and some times hitting the same area a few times will breed better results.

I'm actually going to try this out for AEP. I'm only going to send out 2800 cards but I selected retirement communities so a lot of people there will be over 65.
I'll probably wait until the first week in November to send it out though. It seems that a lot of people wait till the end to do something and I'm going to leave my phone number on the card.

Back