Anybody using a Tablet PC?

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
A couple of years ago one of my insurance companies showed us thier paperless apps they were bringing out for use with tablet PCs. You just carry it around like a pad of paper and write with a special pen right on the screen.

So when I needed a new laptop this year I went ahead and bought a tablet PC version of the Toshiba.

I then found out, the insurance company that showed us the feature killed the program right after showing it. So I have just been using it as a regular laptop. It is quite a bit slower than any laptop I have had before though even though it is pretty modern (duo core 1.5 gigs of ram etc.)

But I know there are a lot of software programs out there that I can buy that basically convert all forms to tablet documents you can fill out and sign right on the PC. I have never looked into these though. Anybody using them?

The reason I think it would be great to have is; you would always have every single form for every single product for every company with you at all times. Wouldn't that be great?

Is anybody doing this?

No, but I did download SAM for Act and then realized "I have to set up everything" and it isn't the point and click type system I thought it would be. Strike two!!

I can NOW see why Activator looks more appealing to some people, despite the higher price.

No, but I did download SAM for Act and then realized "I have to set up everything" and it isn't the point and click type system I thought it would be. Strike two!!

I can NOW see why Activator looks more appealing to some people, despite the higher price.

Yes. Activator comes with the basic templets pretty much how you want them. You just change a few words in the letters and add your logos and letterhead if you want. There is a little learning curve.

Here are some guys that sell a ready to go version of SAM. http://www.oacinc.com/
I don't know what they charge but they are pretty sharp. I've dealt with them before.

I figured out my own answer on the paperless forms. If you have a pdf or word version of the form on your computer you just print it to Microsoft Onenote (comes with the Tablet PC) and then you can fill it out. Looks just like you filled it out with a pen. Then you can e-mail it or print it.

This may be cool.

I wonder if digital signatures are good enough for the insurance companies? Looks exactly the same so I don't know how anyone could not accept them anyway.

And Yes, I am a nerd but no, I've never seen Star Wars and I only saw Star Trek when it originally aired back in the 60's.

I knew you were thinking it!

Yes. Activator comes with the basic templets pretty much how you want them. You just change a few words in the letters and add your logos and letterhead if you want. There is a little learning curve.

Here are some guys that sell a ready to go version of SAM. http://www.oacinc.com/
I don't know what they charge but they are pretty sharp. I've dealt with them before.

Thanks for the links. Have you signed up for their e-mail service with all the bells and whistles? Compared to what I do now it looks like a great deal for the low monthly fees they want. My only concern is ensuring that my data is protected and they don't try to steal adn sell the the info.

Thanks for the links. Have you signed up for their e-mail service with all the bells and whistles? Compared to what I do now it looks like a great deal for the low monthly fees they want. My only concern is ensuring that my data is protected and they don't try to steal adn sell the the info.

Are you asking about Market Mentor? No I didn't go with them but I talked with them quite a bit. They have a program where they will actually host your database, do your mailings and even telemarket it for you if you want. I'm sure you can trust they won't steal your records because their money comes from you being a database client for years with them. They definitely pass the smell test for reputable. I'm not sure how their costs will be though or if you can test drive them without a long commitment.

Back