Anybody Using LinkedIn ProFinder Yet?

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
LinkedIn recently introduced a new service called LinkedIn ProFinder, where insurance agents (and many other types of professionals) can sign up and potentially be matched with LinkedIn members specifically searching for the services they provide.

It’s free and sounds like a great idea to generate a stream of warm leads, but it’s not exactly lighting the world on fire so far – talked to one commercial agent in Massachusetts who’s on it and is underwhelmed to this point. Learn more at the link below.

I’m curious as to whether anyone on here has signed up for ProFinder, and if so what your experience has been with it?

Insurance Forums | New

Assuming by the deafening sound of crickets chirping so far on this thread that no one has tried ProFinder yet. A bit surprising, but maybe not given that LinkedIn doesn't seem to have promoted it very well to this point. It would seem they have the muscle but for some reason they've decided not to use it for this.

Perhaps if they ever start putting the word out and actively encouraging adoption among members and professionals looking to fulfill their "freelance" requests, maybe someday it will get enough traction to be a nice little stream of warm middle-market leads for those who leverage it. Or it will never achieve critical mass and they'll give up on it - which would be a shame because it has some potential given the sheer power of the numbers, and agents could always use more lead generation sources.

Will be giving this a shot. Was never big on linkedin to begin with. I'm mainly contacted by recruiters. Non recruiters in network are rarely active, for me at least. Not sure how everyone else sits.

I think a platform like Facebook would do better if ever implemented.

I just finished trying Sales Navigator and really liked it, didn't even know about ProFinder.

I was tempted to apply however they only give a "health insurance" category, and not Medicare specifically. Considering we only handle Med Supps this could result in a nightmare.

I keep getting leads from other financial advisors in the Boston area testing this out. I complained to Linkedin saying these are just from other financial advisors fishing for information.

I doubt this function will be very useful for financial advisors.

I doubt this will be worth the time for an agent. Unfortunately there are not any magic lead generators.

Depending on your market the best way to generate leads is either in person or on the telephone. Direct mail is also useful for some markets.

I was looking for the secret to generating leads and finally realized that there is no secret, nobody has the perfect method to generate leads. The best way is the same as it has been for 50 years which is on the phone or in person. The advent of the DNC means less consumers will be adequately protected by insurance and competition for the business markets will increase.

I was invited to and did sign up for this service. I immediately received one health insurance request. No detailed info, didn't know if individual or group, nothing. I responded that I would need additional information and never heard a word after that. That was two months ago, it's dead now. I don't think that was a real lead, just LinkedIn running some sort of test.

LinkedIn Profinder notifies the freelancer by email of incoming project requests that match their areas of expertise. Profinder states that it also attempts to evenly distribute proposal requests among pros in order to give everyone an opportunity. It allows the freelancer to log on and see all the requests, not just those they received by email.
The requests are brief in format, and include a location, time frame, and short description.
The freelancer reviews the proposal request and, if it looks like a good fit, sends an initial proposal. The proposal is a fillable form that includes a fee amount, a phone number and a text field where you can write your proposal.

Will you just be copying and pasting blogs or will you add your own 2 cents in?

Code:
https://alvalyn.com/using-linkedin-profinder-find-freelance-gigs/

I am signed up for them but got all of 2 leads last year, wrote one of them. Wish I could get more volume.

Back