No one answered...

Hmm. Comments please.

Thank you.

At recent UHC sales meeting, sales manager asked:
"Anyone ever hear of an agent BUSTED for SCOPE violation ?":nah:
No one answered...

Hmm. Comments please.

Thank you.

How exactly does one get a scope violation? The only way you could do that is by lying or forging a signature or maybe by having someone sign a blank form.

How exactly does one get a scope violation? The only way you could do that is by lying or forging a signature or maybe by having someone sign a blank form.

Guessing he means not having the scope signed at all or perhaps not having followed the soon-to-be-gone 48hr rule?

Re: Anyone Been SCOPE Busted ? Poster restates

Sorry for the confusion. My question was to ask if any agent has personally suffered any scrutiny or sanctions as a result of errors of co-mission or omission dealing with CMS required SCOPE document ?

Thank you.

Re: Anyone Been SCOPE Busted ? Poster restates

Sorry for the confusion. My question was to ask if any agent has personally suffered any scrutiny or sanctions as a result of errors of co-mission or omission dealing with CMS required SCOPE document ?

Thank you.

Only time you would run in to problem is if you get a complaint the first thing the carrier's compliance dept will ask for is to see the scope or if for some reason a carrier wants to pay you a visit to audit you will have to have the scope for every mapd appointment you did whether or not a sale was made.Back in the early days of scoping I did once have the carrier contact me because they couldn't read my handwriting to well and asked me for a clarification of prospects name.

A few years ago an Anthem "broker manager" had to "re-train" me for a violation.
I used a generic SOA on a policy. When they were doing an audit of SOA's, they noticed my generic (CMS approved) SOA - but at the time Anthem required us to use THEIR SOA.

He was cool about it though. The conversation was, literally, like this: "I know this seems stupid, but I need you to fill this form out saying we talked about using the right scope - and I need you do reply to this e-mail saying you intend to use the right SOA in the future...."

Took 5 minutes and then they changed the rule soon afterward that a generic was OK...

Have never been "busted" but have been asked by my regional manager to bring the app and soa for the last 3 sales I had. It was standard review on his part. He looked at them, then we had lunch and talked about other stuff.

Been in the business 3 years, this year I had wellcare ask me for 2 scopes that I forgot to submit....

I haven't had a complaint yet (knock on wood) but I've been told that if a client claims they didn't want the plan and you are missing a scope, could be a pain in the ass....

In conclusion, get the scope...

Latest posts

Back