Anyone Been SCOPE Busted ?

A few years ago an Anthem "broker manager" had to "re-train" me for a violation.
I used a generic SOA on a policy. When they were doing an audit of SOA's, they noticed my generic (CMS approved) SOA - but at the time Anthem required us to use THEIR SOA.

He was cool about it though. The conversation was, literally, like this: "I know this seems stupid, but I need you to fill this form out saying we talked about using the right scope - and I need you do reply to this e-mail saying you intend to use the right SOA in the future...."

Took 5 minutes and then they changed the rule soon afterward that a generic was OK...

Speaking of, are there any carriers that still require their own scope rather than a generic?

Speaking of, are there any carriers that still require their own scope rather than a generic?

I don't think so. My understanding is that if a scope is cms approved, it is therefore valid regardless of what the carrier "prefers."

In FL Simply makes it mandatory to use their scope. Wrote my first app a couple of years ago and did it with a generic scope. It was rejected. They made me go out and get theirs signed.

Back