Anyone else Have a Problem with Edna Commissions?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I normally am paid by direct deposit once a month. Deposit based on runs done from the 5th to the 11th of the month.

I don't have any groups or Medicare business. Only major med.

Deposit amounts all over the board and can fluctuate as much as $400 from one month to the next.

Yesterday's deposit based on a 1/6 cutoff date was $3.

Paid on one client. No idea who they are. Never been paid on them before.

No charge backs.

I still have about 25 clients with Edna and get paid on most of them every month at Edna's whim.

I immediately emailed Edna about my missing commissions.

No response.

So I called.

First call was cut off before I ever spoke to anyone.

Second call was reasonably pleasant but the woman had no clue. She kept saying my deposit was based on last weeks run and next week is when they will do the regular monthly run.

I explained that over the last 12 months I have only been paid once a month based on cut off dates from 5 - 11. If their monthly run is next week that will be later than any other checks.

She did not understand the question.

I hung up and called back.

Same diatribe. No, this is not Medicare or group, it is individual major med.

She wanted to know how much the premium was so she could see if I was paid correctly.

No, I was not paid correctly. You failed to pay me on my 25 clients.

She wanted to know the premium so she could check the math.

Obviously no one up there understands. I wonder if they would get smarter if Edna failed to pay them this month?

Wow. Don't have an answer for you on that one but once, I was able to see another agent's BOB on my Producer World login. The agent was from PA and had nothing to do with us. I called and complained and they said they would fix it and assured me that this agent, or no one else could see my clients. Said they would fix it right away but it took two weeks. The clients went back to 2001 or something like that, and stopped in Oct of last year. Don't know if that agent stopped selling them then, or I just couldn't see the new ones. Very weird, and unsecure.

Maybe they are cutting back on admin and tech staff to save on $$. That with 4% comp should be saving them lots of money.

I do know they are way behind in making changes to client's accounts. We had an issue with a client that took months to resolve. Then, the commissions got messed up too. Sometimes we get zero on a client then the next month it is double. And this would be with multiple clients, so I know it is them and not just the client paying late for the most part.

Same problem here, checked the producers website and the last commission statement is for December. Usually I get my money between the 6th / 11th.

I have had commission and premium issues with Edna from the start. New clients bank draft not set up until 3 - 4 months after the effective date then they hit the account for 4 - 5 mo premium.

Client complains, and blames me.

For the longest time I had to spend time reconciling commission statements against placed business. Thanks to some of the folks on this forum that had been writing with them before I was I found out some agents were skimmed out of thousands of dollars in commissions covering almost a year.

Frankly, I have better things to do than cross-check commissions on hundreds of clients over a dozen carriers. But when I am due the compensation they better pay and pay on time.

Seems once I stopped writing new business with Edna my life was easier. Only had to deal with their inability to collect premium on existing business and pay commissions. That's why my monthly deposit ranges by 40% from one month to the next.

They are the only carrier that pays like a yo-yo. Up one month, down the next.

Although the reps I talked to had no clue, it seems they are indeed running a week behind and this was a fluke payment.

Glad I did not write that much with them. They are not as bad as Coventry, but are kissing cousins.

Back