Anyone else Sucking Wind This July?

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
Man, I am having a horrible month. Am I the only one?
I kind of blame it on an experimental mailer that I did last month that cost me a good penny that ended up bombing but I'm just not doing anything right this month.

Example. Just got off the phone with a lady I met last month and at the time she was thankful for showing her exactly how Medicare works and she knew exactly what plan she wanted to sign up for but her Bday is in October so she needed to sign up for Medicare in July first. Then we would meet up this month and put her on the plan.
Anyways, she tells me today that she is going to a seminar before she signs up for Medicare A & B and at the seminar they will show her how Medicare works and what her options were. WTF!
I told her that I must have not done my job because we went over that. It's either dementia or I suck... :embarrassed:

I kind of blame it on an experimental mailer that I did last month that cost me a good penny that ended up bombing but I'm just not doing anything right this month.

Example. Just got off the phone with a lady I met last month and at the time she was thankful for showing her exactly how Medicare works and she knew exactly what plan she wanted to sign up for but her Bday is in October so she needed to sign up for Medicare in July first. Then we would meet up this month and put her on the plan.
Anyways, she tells me today that she is going to a seminar before she signs up for Medicare A & B and at the seminar they will show her how Medicare works and what her options were. WTF!
I told her that I must have not done my job because we went over that. It's either dementia or I suck... :embarrassed:

Maybe it is the free cream cheese bagel... :laugh:

Don't blame yourself, maybe she just wasn't comfortable with you, no way of knowing why she did that. I have a great med supp appt and thought i got along swimmingly, he's my neighbor for goodness sakes and yet a week later he said he did it over the phone, no need for me to come back out.
Move on from it and good luck to them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yes July sucks !!!
next year I am taking june july and august off, working on my home, traveling or whatever

Last edited by a moderator:
It must just be you guys, this month has been busier for me than any month this year. It could be because I am having a little competition with Tins though.:) I know it's not really a fair competition since he sucks so bad. I might let him win this week to keep his spirits high....

As so as you drove out of her driveway.She forgot everytime you said. Encourge her to go, but tell don't sign anything, and that as soon as she is ready, You will again go over all her options. And make sure she is covered.

b61mack said:
As so as you drove out of her driveway.She forgot everytime you said. Encourge her to go, but tell don't sign anything, and that as soon as she is ready, You will again go over all her options. And make sure she is covered.

No way. Give up on her. It's not worth your time. It's just going to be a downer when she keeps putting you off and signs up with someone else. There are too many other people to help out there that won't put you off.

Just got off the phone with a lady I met last month and at the time she was thankful for showing her exactly how Medicare works and she knew exactly what plan she wanted to sign up for but her Bday is in October so she needed to sign up for Medicare in July first. Then we would meet up this month and put her on the plan.
Anyways, she tells me today that she is going to a seminar before she signs up for Medicare A & B and at the seminar they will show her how Medicare works and what her options were.
Why would you use your valuable time explaining to her "how Medicare works", before securing her commitment to do business with you?

It's not YOU that sucks, it's your PROCESS that sucks. Unpaid consulting sucks too, doesn't it?

Why would you use your valuable time explaining to her "how Medicare works", before securing her commitment to do business with you?

It's not YOU that sucks, it's your PROCESS that sucks. Unpaid consulting sucks too, doesn't it?

How are you suppose to get someone to commit to do business with you before they have a chance to know if you are full of BS or not. It takes less than 15 minutes to explain to someone how medicare works. Does it go something like this....

Hi ma'am, before I tell you how all this stuff works I want to know if you are going to give me a check today after I explain it....:skeptical:

Hi ma'am, before I tell you how all this stuff works I want to know if you are going to give me a check today after I explain it....:skeptical:
It would sound like that from a weak salesperson with no balls/ovaries, few prospects and little regard for their time...

My job is not to give information, my job is to GET information! If I give something, I've got to GET something in return. I don't spin my wheels. So before I take even fifteen minutes of my valuable time, I say,

"Mrs. Prospect, I know you'll have some questions, and I'll be happy to answer them thoroughly. I'll have to ask you some questions too - are you OK with that? My fear is that...well many times folks will take the information and then say that they intend to purchase from their brother in law...or someone else. All things being equal - and of course you are the sole judge - is there any reason that wouldn't buy your ____________ from me?"

Where's the "EASY" button?

It would sound like that from a weak salesperson with no balls/ovaries, few prospects and little regard for their time...

My job is not to give information, my job is to GET information! If I give something, I've got to GET something in return. I don't spin my wheels. So before I take even fifteen minutes of my valuable time, I say,

"Mrs. Prospect, I know you'll have some questions, and I'll be happy to answer them thoroughly. I'll have to ask you some questions too - are you OK with that? My fear is that...well many times folks will take the information and then say that they intend to purchase from their brother in law...or someone else. All things being equal - and of course you are the sole judge - is there any reason that wouldn't buy your ____________ from me?"

Where's the "EASY" button?

It has not been enough of an issue with me getting prospects to follow through with the deal when I am done so I guess I have not been scared enough to have to start saying that to people I meet with. I would think you pass up a lot of business asking for a deal before you show them any value...

Back