Anyone else

???????? I was under the impression they would at least know what was what when they issued the policy. I think everyone got the same mail months ago and I can not be the only one who thought CMS would determine this at the time of issue? Do you have any idea how much time and money is gona be waisted to go go back and sort though all this stuff at some future date?

Jim, perhaps you may be one of the few that didn't understand the memo. If I were you, I would take the time to read the edicts from CMS very carefully.

Point is quite simple they should be determining all this at the time of issue policy by cms.(as I and many others though it would be Furthermore it says nothing about when cms would give the word only logical thing is to do it when your going though the stuff the first time.) Otherwise huge amounts of money and time are gona be waisted going back though all this stuff by the government. Unbelievable to me nothing was put in place by cms to handle this at time of issue.

Did you use logical and CMS in the same sentence?:D

get a e-mail saying that their carrier is only going to pay the renewal rate for all aps? And will only pay the first year on a case by case basis when CMS tells them to? Does not sound to good to me looks like they could tell when the issue the policys. Sad

Yeah, this news has been out for a while. CMS is going to put together a system for tracking where in the 6 year commission cycle a Medicare beneficiary is. Some plans are expecting that to be released no later than April.
Has anyone heard of any carriers paying new, higher renewals on old business? The only carrier I know that will be doing that is Arcadian.

Back