Anyone Ever Speak to a Congregation?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Wrote a black pastor and his wife some additional coverage. Delivered his policy today and he asked me to come speak to his church about life insurance. He believes everyone should at least have enough for their final expenses. Said to many times the family had to ask for donations to help with the cost of the funeral. Anybody ever done this?

I've spoken to my church congregation many times... but never about insurance from the pulpit during Sunday services.

If you're going to do this, I'd approach it all from a Biblical perspective.

Matthew 6:28 - "And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:"

"Consider the lilies" does not make a quality financial plan.

"God may provide" but God usually provides through others - those who chose NOT to plan in advance. Let us edify God through proper personal preparations ourselves, so we can continue God's work to those who CAN NOT, not those who WILL NOT.

Yes "the Church will provide" - flowers, food, condolences, and consoling hugs. However, by planning in advance, INSURANCE will provide A CHECK to help make sure the family will be able to be provided for... with DIGNITY and CONTRIBUTE to the Church.

Can I get an AMEN???

I've spoken to my church congregation many times... but never about insurance from the pulpit during Sunday services.

Matthew 6:28 - "And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:"

"God may provide" but God usually provides through others - those who chose NOT to plan in advance. Let us edify God through proper personal preparations ourselves, so we can continue God's work to those who CAN NOT, not those who WILL NOT.

Yes "the Church will provide" - flowers, food, condolences, and consoling hugs. However, by planning in advance, INSURANCE will provide A CHECK to help make sure the family will be able to be provided for... with DIGNITY and CONTRIBUTE to the Church.

Can I get an AMEN???

You can get a "stfu" with that crap...maybe that's something a Mormon would buy...but a free thinking Christian would see right through that BS.

In my experience, a lot of the people that fill out cards are church goers. If an agent isn't taking advantage of every possible opportunity they're leaving money on the table.

I rate my clients from a 1-3. 1 has the most potential to give referrals. 3 is the least potential to give referrals.

Those with a 1 get followed up with every month. Those with a 2 get followed up with every 2 months. Those with a 3 get followed up with every 3 months.

All I am going to reveal is those that are faithful church goers automatically get a 1. ;)

Wrote a black pastor and his wife some additional coverage. Delivered his policy today and he asked me to come speak to his church about life insurance. He believes everyone should at least have enough for their final expenses. Said to many times the family had to ask for donations to help with the cost of the funeral. Anybody ever done this?

I would go do and treat it just like any other group meeting. Buy a couple gift cards for door prizes and just tell them what you do.

Just don't do what DHK advised and you will be fine.:yes:

I have at more than one church. It was generally a 5 min. Or less speech during or after the service. Maybe even 3 minutes at most.

Say a quick thing about yourself like if your married with kids and then talk about the insurance like how you are there to help and it's importance. Repeat it the way the pastor expressed it to you.

After the service just stand around greeting people. Don't look thirsty. Just greet them the way you would if you attended the church and people themselves will start coming to you an opening up if they want a sit down.

I wrote a few cases and got referrals too.

----------

Remember it's church service so don't be a distraction. Don't explain how insurance works or give anything out unless it's a business card after service. Just say your quick thing about it being impirtant and how your here to help then sit back down.

You can get a "stfu" with that crap...maybe that's something a Mormon would buy...but a free thinking Christian would see right through that BS.

Pretty sure nobody would buy that. Good to see you are alive. Go easy on the "free thinking" part however. I live in Utah and have spent a lot of time in the south. Not much free thinking going on with many of the heavily religious folk anywhere. :)

i feel like i would burst into flames if I set foot in a church

jWRze.gif

Can I get an AMEN???

As long as he has a good choreographer to put this in motion and doesn't mind spending the rest of the day quoting and filling out apps in the sunday school room.

Yeah, it was brought to my attention that these 2 NEW "EFES Regional" guys are giving bad advice and should probably learn the business before they come onto the form spouting away.

That's the problem with making Recruiters out of agents that have only been licensed for a couple of years....

An agent was telling me that it's starting to smell like an NAA hug and tug on our forum of recent! lol

DHK isn't a final expense agent

Latest posts

Back