Anyone Familiar W/Symmetry Financial Group?

Don't forget that SFG doesn't own their own mailhouse, like they told us in conference. :no:
There are a NUMBER of reasons WHY I left Symmetry Financial Group. I have nothing negative to say about them, per se, but I see now how I was led down a VERY WRONG PATH. :1confused::1confused::1confused:
So, a BIG THANK YOU to those before me on this forum who have shared their insights on Symmetry. :idea::idea::idea:

P.S. Don't click on the website in my signature. It is being moved from Casey Watkins hands as we speak! ;)

Ciao!

So Bubba....where are you headed? I am also considering SFG. What are other (better) options?

Thanks!

Hi and thank you for this thread.
I received 2 responses to my resume on ZipRecruiter from SFG representatives (which I found surprising, as I haven't worked in the insurance industry).

The information you shared here has been very helpful. I'm running, not walking!:yes:

If you are goal driven & want to work hard the sky is the limit! Its been a pleasure of me to be working with symmetry since May and have made an awesome living and am working my way up!! The training is amazing and the conference calls are great!!

The question isn't whether to join Symmetry...there is potential to succeed there...although most people fail there (and with other business models like Symmetry).

The problem with Symmetry is what manager do you choose to be under. The person who is trying to hire you may be a brand new agent. "Agency Owner" means nothing from a leadership our management standpoint...much less their ability to help you become successful.

And then there is the money...

$90,000 in APV first year nets you out about $30,000 a year? How is that?

Say you write $90,000 in APV in the first year. You must then Factor in 25% of your policies getting denied or dropped by the client during your 9-month advance period. That means you have now earned $67,500.

If you are at a 75% contract level, you will now end up with $50,625 in your pocket.

You then have to factor in that you are getting a 75% advance for everything you sold (you get 75% of your APV months 1-9 and the remaining 25% in months 10, 11 and 12). Now you are at $50,625.

Now factor in $20,000 in lead cost per year (that's pretty average), and you are now making $30,000 a year...and you haven't factored in mileage and other costs.

$90,000 in APV isn't being successful at Symmetry or clones. You really need to be pushing $200,000 APV to a moderate income.

And unless you start to build a "Team", your commission tops out at 80%.

Stop drinking the kool-aid.

Get a higher contracts at least 110%...you will need it fund your own lead system and process your own mailings. Do not get involved with mailing/leads that can be resold or even called by your up-line manager, while you'll pay the high price for a so-called "A" lead.

Last edited:
I saw this thread and had to respond. Here's my story about Symmetry financial.

In Dec of 2017, I decided to pack my bags pivot in a completely different industry and leave almost 20 years of online marketing and advertising.

I worked along side indie studios and amazing innovators and inventors of games like Color Switch, Bomber Friends, and many others. It was simply an amazing ride.

Having to take an enormous pay cut, I decided to start over in old industry. I was 44 years old and against the blessings of my wife, friends and family I went all in.

Nov 2017 - Nov 2018, I was on the verge of going under, and going under, very fast. I had been working with an insurance group that their business model was old and antiquated. Most focused on recruiting friends, family and acquaintances and no real focus on selling the consumer product.

It may have worked for those in the early beginning, but was not suited for me. Experience in the fast pace AdTech industry taught me that you have to be proactive and open to change. You have to leverage technology as the "x-factor." If you talk to my colleagues you will know that I’m all about leveraging technology to be efficient and scale profitability.

The old insurance group, in my opinion, was simply not moving at the speed of technology. I knew I was in the right race, but had the wrong horse. I knew that the financial industry, particularly life insurance, had amazing upside potential.

Nov. 2018 was when I was on a mission to find that perfect balance of “high-tech” and “high-touch.” The next month was magical! I found where I would plant my flag and work with a fervor to make up for the lost time.

I left the old insurance group with just my brother and I, on a mission to make a $1 Million Agency dream come true.

It took us 10-months and 998 families helped to hit that mark. My person production (APV) $213K, With an agency of 25-30 monthly writers, and two promoted agency owners. The great news is people what work with us earn either part-time or full-time income if they put in the work and follow the system.

Symmetry Financial Group allowed for someone with no-real insurance industry experience to simply leverage their system and be successful.

They call it the “Rule of Five.”
  1. Personal growth
  2. Purchase weekly leads
  3. Dial until you get your 12-15 appointments/week
  4. Get paid (Simplified Issue policy)
  5. Recruit and duplicate
From the targeted out bound marketing, to company communication with independent agents. SFG has built it right. As independent agents we never have to worry about talking to the right person, that pain point has been taken away. You just have to show up and put in the work. Every carrier SFG works with does simplified issue, meaning the policy gets approved instantly or within 24-72 hours and 95% of the business is Mortgage Protection. I'm looking to expand out to FE also in 2020 since Los Angeles market isn't as responsive with mailers.

The founders of the company Brian Pope, Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison were all life insurance agents at one point and saw what I had experienced. They literally formed the company out of the pain points most other groups have. All we have to do to become successful is work the system.

For more information on Symmetry go to here: The Symmetry Story

God Speed!

I saw this thread and had to respond. Here's my story about Symmetry financial.

In Dec of 2017, I decided to pack my bags pivot in a completely different industry and leave almost 20 years of online marketing and advertising.

I worked along side indie studios and amazing innovators and inventors of games like Color Switch, Bomber Friends, and many others. It was simply an amazing ride.

Having to take an enormous pay cut, I decided to start over in old industry. I was 44 years old and against the blessings of my wife, friends and family I went all in.

Nov 2017 - Nov 2018, I was on the verge of going under, and going under, very fast. I had been working with an insurance group that their business model was old and antiquated. Most focused on recruiting friends, family and acquaintances and no real focus on selling the consumer product.

It may have worked for those in the early beginning, but was not suited for me. Experience in the fast pace AdTech industry taught me that you have to be proactive and open to change. You have to leverage technology as the "x-factor." If you talk to my colleagues you will know that I’m all about leveraging technology to be efficient and scale profitability.

The old insurance group, in my opinion, was simply not moving at the speed of technology. I knew I was in the right race, but had the wrong horse. I knew that the financial industry, particularly life insurance, had amazing upside potential.

Nov. 2018 was when I was on a mission to find that perfect balance of “high-tech” and “high-touch.” The next month was magical! I found where I would plant my flag and work with a fervor to make up for the lost time.

I left the old insurance group with just my brother and I, on a mission to make a $1 Million Agency dream come true.

It took us 10-months and 998 families helped to hit that mark. My person production (APV) $213K, With an agency of 25-30 monthly writers, and two promoted agency owners. The great news is people what work with us earn either part-time or full-time income if they put in the work and follow the system.

Symmetry Financial Group allowed for someone with no-real insurance industry experience to simply leverage their system and be successful.

They call it the “Rule of Five.”
  1. Personal growth
  2. Purchase weekly leads
  3. Dial until you get your 12-15 appointments/week
  4. Get paid (Simplified Issue policy)
  5. Recruit and duplicate
From the targeted out bound marketing, to company communication with independent agents. SFG has built it right. As independent agents we never have to worry about talking to the right person, that pain point has been taken away. You just have to show up and put in the work. Every carrier SFG works with does simplified issue, meaning the policy gets approved instantly or within 24-72 hours and 95% of the business is Mortgage Protection. I'm looking to expand out to FE also in 2020 since Los Angeles market isn't as responsive with mailers.

The founders of the company Brian Pope, Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison were all life insurance agents at one point and saw what I had experienced. They literally formed the company out of the pain points most other groups have. All we have to do to become successful is work the system.

For more information on Symmetry go to here: The Symmetry Story

God Speed!
What are the details on the "Debt Free Life" program they promote on the wedsite?

Back