Anyone Familiar with GBA, Aka GBAfreeleads.com?

Revagent

I've been looking for "truth-tellers" who give the real deal. I sent in paperwork to get licensed with an outfit called General Brokerage Agency out of Philly. They say they provide free leads and no charges in return for the lower commission. I get that, but are they legit?

I don't want to have a neg balance following me forever if it's not gonna work out.

Help!

no sure about all these lead services. one time an associate of mine got leads who supposedly were looking to do things with their IRA's. didnt work out too well

I've been looking for "truth-tellers" who give the real deal. I sent in paperwork to get licensed with an outfit called General Brokerage Agency out of Philly. They say they provide free leads and no charges in return for the lower commission. I get that, but are they legit?

I don't want to have a neg balance following me forever if it's not gonna work out.

Help!

Never heard of these people...Whoever I feel there is a difference between an Agency that will provide leads for offering lower comp...They make nothing if you dont' sell compared to outfits that make their income from selling leads.

Help!

What percent of commission do you give up to get either free leads or cheaper leads?

The question is always are you giving up more money to do this.

Free Leads and Lower Commissions ?? HMM

50% Commissions and Free Leads
75% Commissions and leads only cost $15
85% Commissions and leads only cost $25

I’m going to try and keep this simple as I can.

More is More and Less is Less.

The lead is worth, let’s give it an value of “ x “
You can fight over what the value of “ x “ is all day long.

The bottom line is, you should never give up more money in commission then what “ x “ is worth.

Example let’s say that “x “ = $30 bucks. Lets say that you can get a good lead for $30.

Let’s use an avg monthly premium of $50.

Agent #1. Has 100% commissions and no free leads. He makes $600 in commissions.
Agent #2 Has 50% commissions and makes $300 and gives up $300 in commissions

Agent # 2 just gave up $300 for the value of “x “ which is $30 in this example.
If the value of “x” is anything greater then $300 the agent is foolish.

Agent # 2 gave up $300 to save $30. Even if you say a good lead would cost $200 a lead, he is still giving up $300 for $200 lead.

Now I would not give up anything less then $30 in commissions to save $30.

You need to always sit down and see how much you are losing to take lesser commission for leads.

Some companies even charge you for the lead and give you lesser commissions.

Let me show you how this works.

The IMO goes and makes a deal with a lead company and gets the lead on avg for $10 to $15 bucks. Next the IMO charges the agent what he has in the lead and breaks even or more then what he paid for it and made a profit. Let’s not forget he is also cutting your commission. So the IMO is out of nothing and making more money.

But I can’t find good leads, and they help me find them. Hmmm.
If you are losing $300 a sale, hmm. Could you find at least 1 lead for $300 bucks to break even? Could you find a lead for much less then $300??

Let’s say a good lead cost $50 bucks. On just 1 case the agent could buy six $50 leads. I would think that a $50 lead would be a good lead. The agent could have 6 good leads for what he gave up in commissions on just one lead.

NEVER GIVE UP MORE TO MAKE LESS.

You decide whatever you think the value of “ x “ should be and never give up more then that for leads.

Last edited:
Do the math:

Go buy 20 exclusive leads. Good ones that are exclusive will cost you 50.00 a piece so that's 1,000. You will set appts. with 10 of them if you are good. Out of the 10 appts. 7 will actually show up and if you are real good you may close 3 of the seven. You just spent 1,000 for 3 sales. At 100% commission level you make 500.00 per sale (for the sake of argument), then you take 1,500 minus the 1,000 lead cost, and you profited 500.00.

Now, if you spend NOTHING on the leads and get 50 % commission and still close only 3 sales (out of the 20 leads you got for free) then you only made 250.00 per sale for a total of 750.00 but had no lead cost.

Some will say you can get VERY GOOD final expense leads for 30 or 40 a piece. If you find VERY GOOD ONES at that price jump on it.

It all comes down to the cost per lead (and you want good, exclusive ones) which will determine whether a 50% contract is worth getting; over a 100 % contract and having to buy your own leads.

Best thing of course is being able to generate your own leads but that can be very time consuming, leaving no rook for actual selling.

A great agency manager once told me "100 percent of nothing is still NOTHING".

Back