Anyone familiar with MetroPCS cell phone service?

arnguy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Around the Philadelphia area a company called MetroPCS is advertising "unlimited local and long distance service" for cell phones with plans ranging from $30 per month to $50 per month. No restrictions as to time of day or night. Available 7 days a week----talk all you want. No contracts. Just a flat monthly fee and the usual charges. I checked their website and their appears to be limited to the Philly are in PA, but they also cover CA, FL, GA MI, TX, and LA along with Las vegaes NV. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of them or has tried their service. Not spamming----no connection to them (no pun intended).

Around the Philadelphia area a company called MetroPCS is advertising "unlimited local and long distance service" for cell phones with plans ranging from $30 per month to $50 per month. No restrictions as to time of day or night. Available 7 days a week----talk all you want. No contracts. Just a flat monthly fee and the usual charges. I checked their website and their appears to be limited to the Philly are in PA, but they also cover CA, FL, GA MI, TX, and LA along with Las vegaes NV. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of them or has tried their service. Not spamming----no connection to them (no pun intended).

arn, I've used MetroPCS here in Florida for about 2 1/2 years. $45 a month (about $56 with tax/tag/title/tip) here.

All you can eat talk/text/internet. NO contract as you said. Great coverage - no problems. A couple of small service issues handled promptly and fairly.

My absolute highest recommendation.

A lot of people around me use them (Silicon Valley, CA). If you are in the same general area for all of your calls, i.e., don't go 3 states over, it works pretty well from what I hear.

Everyone I know complains that text messages are extremely delayed on a regular basis. If you don't text much (if your over 30), this probably isn't an issue.

Dan

Everyone I know complains that text messages are extremely delayed on a regular basis. If you don't text much (if your over 30), this probably isn't an issue.

My 20 year old son (also named Dan) has complained about this as well...

I don't text too much, so my opinion on it probably isn't the most reliable.

I don't care about text messaging, but their service area is fairly limited in the Philadelphia, Wilmington, DE area. They are not anywhere else in PA at this time.

SO can we get it in Indiana? I am confused. :)

Text messaging?
It will come after the color TV is invented in Indiana, then the CD player, cell phones, internet, then text messaging. Indiana is only scheduled to get color TV in 2012. You have a few years to go yet..... :D:D

Here in So. Florida they are very popular but not as strong a signal as the nationals. More dropped calls. Remember, that's in this area. Also, they don't provide a phone. You have to buy one. Overall, if you use the cell a lot, you won't go wrong if the signal is good enough.

I have this service here in Cali and it works pretty good. You can call all over the U.S any time in the day and pay just one flate rate.

Latest posts

Back