Anyone Familiar with NY Individual Health?

dgoldenz

Virginia
My brother is getting married soon and his fiancee will be aging off of her parents group policy.....from looking at ehealthinsurance, I only show 7 plan options available and all of them with half decent benefits are $370+ per month for her only. She is 22 and in perfect health (as far as I know). Is this the norm for NY, or does she have any other options? Any state assistance programs? She recently graduated and has no job yet, so there's no income there either. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:
GI, community rated, only a handful of carriers. In other words, the kind of plan Mr. Fixit want's everyone to have.

Need I say more?

Or reside in a neighboring state. That is what a lot do.

This is also an option.

As a resident of the great state of New York I have to say that another perk of moving is that you wont have to subsidize years of failed public policy with your income tax. You'll also probably be able to find a better job. New York will only be getting about another 6 months out of me and then I'll be making my generous contributions to a state that will let me keep a little more of my commissions!

Back