Anyone familiar with PolicyShopper.com?

ZackBoy90

I read their marketing information on their web site, and it almost seems too good to be true, especially the promise of free, exclusive leads...

Anyone have any experience with them?

I am a seasoned P+C agent, interested in investigating the idea of a home-based health insurance agency.

Thanks.

I just got a recruiting email from them today, contracts seem to be a little below the norm. Here is a page copied off their website:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Opportunity - Page 1 of 5[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Technology has given us the opportunity to do business with anyone, anywhere at any time. Most insurance organizations remain set in their ways, slow to change with the times. We have embraced technology and have used it to your advantage as well as that of your clients. We do our business via telephone and internet. You will use state of the art technology to make a very tangible, very impressive presentation to your customers without ever having to drive anywhere in order to do it![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our typical customer is a small business owner who, in addition to health insurance, is the perfect prospect for cross selling opportunities in life insurance and other financial products Our market is far and away the largest in The United States. According to data from the last U. S. census, of the approximately 25,000,000 businesses in America, about 20,000,000 had no employees with the lion's share being registered as sole proprietorships (close to 17,000,000 businesses) with the balance of the 20,000,000 being partnerships or limited liability companies. In other words, our market constitutes approximately 80% of the businesses in this country![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you work within the parameters set forth later in this discussion of the opportunity you will receive FREE LEADS*! You will work from the comfort of your own home office as an independent agent. You will attend training meetings via online, real-time training webinars as well as pre-recorded web based video and audio.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One on One Training[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You will receive one on one coaching from a telephone sales and training pro with more than 25 years telephone sales and training experience. Click here to view his profile. You will record audio and video samples of your sales presentations you and your sales trainer hone your presentation to a fine polish! You will also sit in on LIVE sales presentations given by sales pros as though you were the proverbial "fly on the wall"!.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What you gain:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No driving to meet with prospects[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE LEADS*![/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Work from anywhere that has Internet and telephone access[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A dramatically expanded territory[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What you give up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paying for gasoline at today's exorbitant prices[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wear and tear on your vehicle[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"One Legs" and "No Shows"[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A limited territory[/FONT]

Thanks for the info, MHart. I had a feeling it was too good to be true. The guys that are pushing it used to work on "Wall Street", selling stocks to people all over the country (ever seen "Boiler Room"?) -- not anyone I would want to be affiliated with...:no:

You have to ask yourself a few questions to see if this is for you.

1. Do you already have a system that works and appointed with insurance companies directly?

2. Do you already have a fair amount of education in the products you want to sell.

3. If no or not really to both then you have to wonder.

What's a % less each application vs not making any applications.
Especially if it looks like you can move through a lot of prospects it may be worth it for you. Good luck and let us know what happens.

You have to ask yourself a few questions to see if this is for you.

1. Do you already have a system that works and appointed with insurance companies directly?

2. Do you already have a fair amount of education in the products you want to sell.

3. If no or not really to both then you have to wonder.

What's a % less each application vs not making any applications.
Especially if it looks like you can move through a lot of prospects it may be worth it for you. Good luck and let us know what happens.

I would have to agree with the consultant. I contacted policyshopper and Warren the founder will answer any questions. I do not think he is recruiting for NIA, I think he is competing against them with a similar platform. There is an initial investment that is refundable with production. I told Warren I thought it sounded to good to be true. His response: If you work their system, it works for you. If you do not, then it does not work.

I think you should network yourself and not rely on the free leads, use them as a bonus. Pick up a few other carriers they do not represent. Bottom line: It's your business and life. If you want the facts, call each of the comapnies-NIA and Policyshopper and get the facts. Ask them why you should pick one or the other and you may realize you do not need either.

I would keep an open mind, not a narrow mind approach!

Hello MHart - what can you tell me about " policyshopper.com " ( ? )
I am looking to get back in the industry, I am already licensed and thier
offer does sound good ( perhaps too good ? ) - please advise - thanks

So has anyone actually used policyshopper and had any success or horror stories?

Just because someone gives you less commission doesn't mean that it's not a good option or alternative. . it seems like they do have a very good support system. I'm not concerned who they are competing with or who they used to be with or what Warren used to do.

I just want to hear from people who have or are currently are using policyshopper.com. According to job finders (monster/careerbuilder/indeed etc) the average person that buys into policyshopper and are using them are making well over six figures.

Thanks for any input. And I just added to this rather than starting another thread.

-kamp

Can someone explain the scam to me? Yes, you pay $349 initially, but that's for telemarketed leads. You get the money back if you make 16 apps in 60 days. You get 20% commission for Assurant and 18 1/2 for Golden Rule and i'm sure the other contracts are comparable. I am strongly considering joining them by the first of the year once I get a couple of out of state licenses. If you make 5 apps a week they will give you 20 telemarketed leads a week. There's training, etc. Where's the scam and how can you do better by yourself?

By going through NIA direct and getting 23 percent for Assurant, 20 percent for the others get 5 telemarketed leads per app submitted and also get the training. Oh and yeah the big one is don't have to pay 349 dollars to get started.
What's NIA's website? I went there and it all has the same text as policy shopper.

Back