Anyone familiar with Pyramid's LTC?

rapidrobert

Guru
100+ Post Club
Oklahoma
I have an offer from Pyramid to become captive to sell LTC (which is no big deal as they'd love an experienced agent instead of a glass fogger which seems to be the usual). But do they treat you right? Are their products competitive? They supposedly have free leads and access to other umbrella companies for other products... what say you?

Their leads are a print out sheet...cold calling
The LTC they offer I believe is through John Deere.
Last time I looked, that is what I found.

Whoa, thanx for the info. I have several independent contract offers, but I keep getting these "cherry" offers from captives and they turn my head at least temporarily. I've been out of the biz for 5 years and my renewals are starting to "peter out" so I'm starting back May 1st target date. Thank you again!

I found out that their LTC company is none other than John Hancock and their sub-standard LTC company is Penn Treaty. Not bad.... The leads in the Tulsa office are a combo of DM leads, turning 65 and non-responders. I've made some jack in the first two weeks... we'll see how it pans out.

I sold for Pyramid for a short time about four years ago. I was with an independent agent and about that time they started to take things captive. They weren't all that competitive except where we could offer the Select plans. Then the Advantage program came along and they were not competitive at all. I don't know what state your are in but here in Indiana the last I heard the most competitive plan is through Mutual of Omaha.

Last edited:
MoO is not the most competitive for LTC. They are neck n neck with Admiral for Med supps until later this year. Where do you live at in IN? I use to work of Penn Life as a captive.

If you are experienced and knowledgable, why would you want to be captive to a Penn Life Company like Pyramid? Plenty of good FMO's out there to choose from that have an assortment of products. If you only have one choice to offer, are you really doing what is best for the customer?

If you only have one choice to offer, are you really doing what is best for the customer?

Really? Getting the customer to sit down and discuss LTC isn't what's best? Do you really think by offering 5 policies you are doing what is best for the customer? Why not offer 20 or 30? When is enough enough? Is there ever a best solution?

Really? Getting the customer to sit down and discuss LTC isn't what's best? Do you really think by offering 5 policies you are doing what is best for the customer? Why not offer 20 or 30? When is enough enough? Is there ever a best solution?

You miss the point. You don't go to the table with 5-30. You go to the table with what is best for the customer, which is not always the one, the only one, you will have as a captive.

I always run quotes from several companies using FAIR and EQUAL comparisons, and present the best 2 or 3 so the customer knows the difference.

If you are talking only about the initial call and appt, of course you talk basics and educate the customer. Then you help pick out the best policy for them if you are interested in what is best for them and not just selling the only thing you have to offer.

Back