Anyone Had an Informal Conference with the Board?

insurancelady1977

I had a complaint filed against me saying I forged a Medicare advantage application. This is TOTALLY false and brought on by my clients brother who wanted his "friend" to get a commission.

Long story short I have an informal conference with the Department of Insurance in September and am scared. This is the first complaint ever and I was licensed 5 years ago....

Anyone been thru this?? Please give advice!

I had a complaint filed against me saying I forged a Medicare advantage application. This is TOTALLY false and brought on by my clients brother who wanted his "friend" to get a commission. Long story short I have an informal conference with the Department of Insurance in September and am scared. This is the first complaint ever and I was licensed 5 years ago.... Anyone been thru this?? Please give advice!

Never been through it but if it's obvious that you didn't forge it, I wouldn't sweat it one bit.

Never been through this but I frequently take a picture of my new clients drivers license laying on the app preferably near the signature.

I never forged anything and it's her word against mine. I just don't know what to expect when standing in front of the board. I'm freaked out lol.

----------

Never been through this but I frequently take a picture of my new clients drivers license laying on the app preferably near the signature.

Awesome idea. Love that. Might have to do this from now on. They claim I was never there but have the card she sent me and she has been my client since 2014.

I never forged anything and it's her word against mine. I just don't know what to expect when standing in front of the board. I'm freaked out lol. ---------- Awesome idea. Love that. Might have to do this from now on. They claim I was never there but have the card she sent me and she has been my client since 2014.
Given it was an MAPD application in a face-to-face meeting, it means you have a Scope of Appointment form with a matching signature. Although I supposed they could contend you forged that, too. I always save the email if they scanned and sent the scope back that way, or a copy of the envelope. Though I suppose your ruse could have been so elaborate that you faked all that, too. They may not really know for sure unless they get a chance to see his real signature on some document unrelated to the enrollment. Sounds like a big headache even for the innocent. I hope it works out.

I do have a scope for everytime I met with her. I actually have three. I have met with her on several occasions and now she is saying I didn't

In addition to the other things mentioned, I would pull phone records to show them every conversation with the lady, bank records supporting your whereabouts that day (gas, lunch etc), and the lead if you can find it or get it from the lead company.

After clearing my name I would look to nail someone to talk to the wall.

Funny thing is I have the card she sent back in (the lead) and this is not the first time I have written her on an MAPD....it's the second. Only some other agent, a friend of her brothers, came and put her on a different plan and I switched her back because she was not happy with it. Her brother said I "stole" commissions from his friend and urged her to file a complaint. She did and claimed she never met me. Now I have to go in front of the insurance commission to defend myself over this mess.

Now we're hearing the "rest of the story".

Hindsight is 20/20 but if someone comes behind you and replaces you in this manner, I wouldn't write her ever again.

Back