Anyone have a sample quote spreadsheet?

Corporate Death

Guru
100+ Post Club
Looking for a spreadsheet like the HCO sheet to compare three different plans for a prospect. Anyone have a sample they could share?

Looking for a spreadsheet like the HCO sheet to compare three different plans for a prospect. Anyone have a sample they could share?

HCO has a pretty good one. Be careful with handing these type of spreadsheets out. I see these as an E&O claim waiting to happen. If you have the company names listed on these, they are in violation of advertising policies set forth by most DOI's.

HCO has a pretty good one. Be careful with handing these type of spreadsheets out. I see these as an E&O claim waiting to happen. If you have the company names listed on these, they are in violation of advertising policies set forth by most DOI's.

Interesting. I don't actually have a copy of the HCO one, still waiting for them to be emailed to me. I'm just looking for anything that anyone has with a comparison listing of the features you would want to show a prospect.

How do you get them out while staying compliant? How does the spreadsheet compare legally with the rate quote comparisons on the quote engines with the "click here to apply" button? Can you send the sheets to people with maybe just the name of the PLANS on the top rather than the carrier?

Interesting. I don't actually have a copy of the HCO one, still waiting for them to be emailed to me. I'm just looking for anything that anyone has with a comparison listing of the features you would want to show a prospect.

How do you get them out while staying compliant? How does the spreadsheet compare legally with the rate quote comparisons on the quote engines with the "click here to apply" button? Can you send the sheets to people with maybe just the name of the PLANS on the top rather than the carrier?

If it has an insurance company's name listed on it, it would have to be approved through the DOI to be 100% compliant (I assume it's similar in other states besides TX).

Here's the downside of homemade spreadsheets IMO. You create a spreadsheet and accidentally list a benefit incorrectly. If they have a claim denial or an issue, they can say the agent made a misrepresentation and they have proof in writing. The other downside is if you list something incorrectly and they come back and say the would have bought one of the other plans if they would have know the actual benefit... All kinds of scenarios that can get you in big trouble with spreadsheets.

Norvax and Quotit outputs have the appropriate disclosures and all link to a copy of the sales brochure. Another reason why it's worth the $100/mo to get Norvax...

Why on earth would you want to give a prospect three different choices?

All it does is confuse the prospect, and make your job harder.

Make a recommendation.

I'm opposed to showing 3 different companies, but there's nothing wrong with a choice in deductibles. Then the client feels like they're in control.

"Mr. Jones, based on our discussion, the Humana plan is going to be the best fit for you. Here are the most popular deductibles... Which one would makes the most sense for your family?"

It's not giving them three choices - it's showing them why I'm recommending a certain carrier.

Agreed. Some clients will want the rationale for why YOU (the agent) picked Aetna...

Your recommendation should be based on your professional background, experience, and credibility.

If you have to rationalize it, you've made a mistake somewhere further back in the process!

Latest posts

Back