Anyone have clients on High-Deductible Plan F Supp?

Standard Life used to be about the lowest priced and now UA is (unfortunately) the company I use. Since most business is in CA I always have the birthday rule to move someone.

So why am I calling you in 2 months for a great rate? You think you can beat $32/mo in Southern California? Better idea. Contact me.

Rick
Just a joke .

In general, most people don't really understand how math or money works.

There are prospects out there that understand that paying $1000 in premium a year and having to pay the part B deductible out of pocket vs. paying $2000 in premium is a no brainer. Mathematically, it makes sense. Then there are going to people who couldn't switch off of their Plan F paying $300/month if you put a gun to their head. People usually make financial decisions emotionally, and if you make them pay a $2k deductible, it will "feel bad" to them. There are going to be clients who will be extremely happy paying a much higher premium because they don't ever have to pay out of pocket, and there are some clients that will bring out their calculators and figure out which plan is going to be the best value overall. They're usually the same clients that call you 3 times a year making sure they're paying the least.

HDF is going to attract a very specific type of customer. The kind that wants the financial security of a Med Supp but can also afford and be happy paying a $2k deductible if it saves them money overall. Personally, I would never market HDF, because the vast majority of prospects aren't going to fall into that very narrow category, and most of the ones that do, will be happy on Plan N or G.

Back