Anyone have some words about Senior Solutions?

G

A guy from Penn Life called me today wondering if I'd be interested in being a branch manager for Senior Solutions. He says he's not looking for heavy-weight insurance experience, but people who know how to start-up a business, manage it, and hire people... all experiences that I have.

I did some checking and SS is part of Penn Life (and why are the in Florida?) which looks like it is part of the UAI group, which I assume is the same UA that people here are highly critical of.

Anyone have any words about SS? Is this a sleaze outift that I want to stay away from? Or is there some merit to them? I'm not jumping at the opportunity (which has not really been offered) but I don't want to make a decision in a vaccum.

Thanks
Al

I worked for them as an agent. No the criticized UA is United American. UA for them is Universal American. I live in IN and they arent competetive here anymore except for thier MA plan with pyramid( a sister company). Its a great plan but thats all they have and the commission for an agent is $204, $102 up front, $102 after 6 mo.

Being in management you would probably make a lot of dollars because they really screw thier agents. Atleast the office I was in. I do knw that some offices give different commissoin schedules. The leads we used were current policy holders of disability plans that were sold 20 years ago. Not bad leads except for every office hits those people up every 3 months.

I would probably consider mangement but nothing less. I was very sour when I had been there for a year and the best producer in the office and they brought in a 55yr old *** that knew nothing about insurance. Thier reason for doing that? Because I was 5 minutes late for a couple monday morning meetings. Those also sucked EVERY WEEK

I don't think it's a sleaze outfit, but Penn Life is a "direct sales" organization. Meaning that the way you really make $$ with it is by building an organization and getting overrides. They pay far less for the Today's Options MA plans than you can get direct through Pyramid (their sister company--IIRC $180 vs $350) or even through most brokers, and they hold back 6 months of the agents commission until you've written 20 apps I believe it is.

Does Senior Solutions pay a salary during training, or is it commission only, even from the start?

Thanks for any info!

Do a search here at the forum al. Though they are not the much maligned UA, they are a MLM, sell what we got, captive company, probably best known recently for their Pyramid Life/Todays Options MA plans. If PFFS is good where you are at, you may do well with them, but...

I personally went through their training, did a seminar, got to know the products and organization and got the release I requested within a month of going with them. I did it for the PFFS product, which was hot at the time. I had an agreement with the regional manager to be released if I found it wasn't for me. They were good people, ex Banker agents and managers, and had a decent program. I didn't like some of the products and I was giving up too much to stay with them. I can't imagine anyone who is independent reasonably successful going with them and being happy.

Do a search here at the forum al. Though they are not the much maligned UA, they are a MLM, sell what we got, captive company, probably best known recently for their Pyramid Life/Todays Options MA plans. If PFFS is good where you are at, you may do well with them, but...

I personally went through their training, did a seminar, got to know the products and organization and got the release I requested within a month of going with them. I did it for the PFFS product, which was hot at the time. I had an agreement with the regional manager to be released if I found it wasn't for me. They were good people, ex Banker agents and managers, and had a decent program. I didn't like some of the products and I was giving up too much to stay with them. I can't imagine anyone who is independent reasonably successful going with them and being happy.

I have had problems with SS agents with them misleading clients on MA plans. In the last year I have had 3 instances where I have told clients that they need to report them to Insurance dept or to Medicare.

They have tried to recruit me on several occasions and these were Bankers agents that were very high pressure agents. One of these guys was a total jerk to me when I said I wasn't interested and after that call on 2 other occasions I basically told them their organization was preying on seniors. In my opinion some of these agents are the very reason that all these rules have been made by CMS and I personally would never have anythng to do with them.

I have run into a lot of issues with their agents and their sales techniques. The manager here that I dealt with treated me fine and released me as soon as I asked with no hassle.

I am with SS now for about two months. I will most likely continue through the selling season, but after that I'm not sure. Between sales reports I've seen and over hearing manager's calls - the average agent is making approx. 30k annualized. Very few in my area making bonus on their new agent development plan. Our regional vp and his boss both came from Bankers and are trying to implement a bankers type of culture.

Ok guys here is the truth about SS. They are a true MLM!! One of the top sellers is a guy we will call MOE BLACK! MOE is as low a form of life you will ever here of. And that is about the way I see the rest of the X-Bankers guys. They will call a person in to hire and sell them an opportunity. A story of making hundreds of thousands of dollars. These managers are great salesman. They will sell you everyday you work there until you start to get close to your six months where you start to make more money on the backend of your sales and then you will find yourself without a job. I only know of one agent who has been with the local office of the SS more than 6 months. It seems the manager gets to keep all or part of your money you would have made in the second six months. The office I was in has hired and lost over 60 agents in two years. SLOW PAY! NO PAY!!

Back