Anyone Have Staff Cold Call for Commercial During They Day?

In my case, setting both X dates and appointments was the goal. An average staff member on the telephone will get about 100 dials in a day, and about 1 X date for every 10 contacts. Usually a conservative estimate would be one X date every 20 dials.

Factor the cost of quality leads... its well worth having staff members call for Xdates and appointments or both.

Regardless of those that may be offended its typically good ROI I budge for one extra staff member so they can rotate a schedule of Xdating. And for the record, I don't WANT them to be the expert, so they usually mention that they are not the insurance expert, I am.

Don't be dainty when selling... go fetch your own leads, or get more by having other people get them for you!

This is very interesting thread, Do you suggest any good source of calling list for Truckers, Contractors or Garages?

Used it for 18 years now... Reference USA available for free from most libraries digitally. search by SIC code name, states, counties, zip 3 or 5 digit many useful filters. Print your contact list with names addresses etc etc get to dialing... even in this day and age we see about one Xdate per 15 dials... that includes hang ups etc etc. a mediocre dialer can get you 75-100 calls in a good day. A seasoned dialer will get you more. 15 calls =1 X date means you'll get 8-12 consistently day in, day out... quote 50% of the X dates, and it should be every 30 dials gets you a quote. Present 50% (yeah some people flake out) of what you quote and close 50% of that... reasonable close ratios? 120 dials = 1 sale... or better yet... a sale a day when you make 8-12 calls. Pay your dialer $15 an hour... after the expense of office sace E&O workers comp payroll tax etc etc lets say thats $20 an hour. They work 8 Hours, so thats $160 you have invested... @ 10% commission you only need a $1600 policy to make your daily calls pay off... so target $5K premium or better.

Of you set up a spreadsheet with the formulas above, you can break this down to dollars per dial, and debt per dial... in the cas eof a $5k policy, thats $500 commission... (worst case). Minus the $160 thats $340 in profit, or each dial will grab you a fat .68 cents... lets make it .70 cents since i've added my two.

Used it for 18 years now... Reference USA available for free from most libraries digitally. search by SIC code name, states, counties, zip 3 or 5 digit many useful filters. Print your contact list with names addresses etc etc get to dialing... even in this day and age we see about one Xdate per 15 dials... that includes hang ups etc etc. a mediocre dialer can get you 75-100 calls in a good day. A seasoned dialer will get you more. 15 calls =1 X date means you'll get 8-12 consistently day in, day out... quote 50% of the X dates, and it should be every 30 dials gets you a quote. Present 50% (yeah some people flake out) of what you quote and close 50% of that... reasonable close ratios? 120 dials = 1 sale... or better yet... a sale a day when you make 8-12 calls. Pay your dialer $15 an hour... after the expense of office sace E&O workers comp payroll tax etc etc lets say thats $20 an hour. They work 8 Hours, so thats $160 you have invested... @ 10% commission you only need a $1600 policy to make your daily calls pay off... so target $5K premium or better.

Of you set up a spreadsheet with the formulas above, you can break this down to dollars per dial, and debt per dial... in the cas eof a $5k policy, thats $500 commission... (worst case). Minus the $160 thats $340 in profit, or each dial will grab you a fat .68 cents... lets make it .70 cents since i've added my two.
Very well derived.:noteworthy:

I feel like I need to add something to what Trout is posting but at the same time he is 100% dead on. I think he has another post where he says don't be "dainty" and I spit out my cheerios everytime I read it.

I feel like he is 100% right with some slightly different end numbers but the No.1 factor in that would be personal effort. I believe he is referencing you have someone make the calls and I think for years 1-3 you will need to do that yourself or you won't make it in this business.

Other boards have different small references to summarize and I would simply quote BadTrout and then close it with "thread" meaning not sure any more info is really required, needed, etc...just concentrate on that 1 post and you will have plenty of success. That post was good in 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015, and as we move towards 2020, not much changing.

Back