Anyone Have Trouble Getting Paid by Amerigroup?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I just started writing them this AEP and have not gotten paid on a single one. The befuddled payroll girl at the up line claims that they are slow to pay.

Maybe they don't pay until feb. A couple companies here do that. Pup and I guess Careplus, because I haven't received a dime on the 20 apps I did with them.

I can't speak for Amerigroup, but some carriers pay the month following the effective date. Which would mean getting paid in February on AEP business.

Amerigroup, who is owned by Anthem, is a horrible company to work for, as well as being horrible to it's members. I would not recommend working for them or trying to sell their awful plans, in any capacity! I am not surprised AT ALL that they haven't paid you. They don't pay the doctors either! STEER CLEAR OF THEM!

Amerigroup, who is owned by Anthem, is a horrible company to work for, as well as being horrible to it's members. I would not recommend working for them or trying to sell their awful plans, in any capacity! I am not surprised AT ALL that they haven't paid you. They don't pay the doctors either! STEER CLEAR OF THEM!

I get what you are talking about. In my market, AG has several FULL RISK contracts, so it doesn't really affect it as much. Although, some of the PCPs (despite the FULL RISK status of the contracted medical group are REFUSING to accept AG members through that medical group.

Ultimate Healthcare MAPD in only 3 counties in Florida is also a slow payer among other complaints from cllients. Already this year I've had two ICEP enrollees disenroll and go with a Med Supp.

Back