Anyone having issues getting appointed with Aetna?

Aetna is our new favorite company

Too bad you guys are having so many probs! :twitchy:
Yeah until you realize you have to fight with them to get your commissions and/or bonuses. They are a horrible company to work with but the products and underwriting are good so it is kinda a double edge sword.

Who's this, your girlfriend?

ajxil1.jpg

Last edited:
Other than their bonus being slow (delayed) to count fall off, I have never had a commission error with Aetna. In fact I will go as far as to say they are one of if not the only company I have never had a commission error.

As for underwriting, I have only had 1 case declined in a year - and I am seeing cases get approved in 3-5 days average. No hassles, no hang ups

It helps to know the underwriting inside and out - and for complex cases their online pre screen tool does work well.

Other than renewals on the high side, I have no complaints at this time.

I also must say I have never had any major problems with Aetna. Checks are electronically deposited and Producer World is easy to navigate.

On occasion, there is a long wait to get through to the CSR number, but not very often.

I agree that Aetna underwriting is great and the products are good too. MY complaints are on the commission problems. To those of you who haven't had any problems with commissions or bonus payments, how many policies a qtr are you averaging with them and how long have you been writing them?

They have the most inefficient, unreliable systems.

This is a true statement. On my last three cases with them, I had to submit the application and payment information twice. And was told that that held up uw. Then while checking on the case, they indicated that the app came when I originally sent it, and should have been reviewed by now. The next time I talked to them, etc. etc. happens on almost every case. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing with them. However their products are good and I haven't had any trouble getting paid.

The underwriting that some of the others talk about being so good, however, must be in a different location than my cases. 50% of the cases that I send them result in a decline, but Aetna is popular in this area, so I send it to them first, usually at the customers request, anticipate a decline and take the case to Humana, AMS, Assurant etc. and get an approval. To me, Aetna is work, start to finish, and their producer world is easy to navigate, but not a logical format.

Back