Anyone having issues getting appointed with Aetna?

"To those of you who haven't had any problems with commissions or bonus payments, how many policies a qtr are you averaging with them and how long have you been writing them?

I average about 15 per quarter, which barely gets me a small bonus payment. And I have been writing ind. coverage with them for about 3-5 years. I don't think they were offering ind. policies in Ohio before that.

50% are a decline? Are you filling out the pre-screen form through Producer World before you submit the app?

Yes. I am using the pre-screen, but I have sent mostly women to them, and there may be things that they are not comfortable revealing to the male species. Some tell me everything, things that I don't need to know, and others, oh well, but the fact remains, virtually 100% of those declined get coverage with me elsewhere. What's so great about UW like that? I don't use them because of their UW. I think their UW stinks. I have viewed them more as a carrier for large families and single women. Its one of the quirky things that is probably regional, but they are a big hit with the women in this area. I could write virtually everyone on Aetna in this area if they would take them.

submit the application and payment information twice.

You must not be using e-apps. The only issues like this I have encountered are when a client insists on a paper app and check with the initial premium.

50% of the cases that I send them result in a decline

Learn how to effectively pre-screen with all carriers, not just Aetna.

I have had only one decline with Aetna . . . the client lied about the number of meds.

The declines I have had with other carriers are virtually identical. Client lied.

sent mostly women to them, and there may be things that they are not comfortable revealing to the male species

Maybe it's you.

80% of my client base is women.

As for Aetna as a carrier, don't get me wrong. There are a lot of area's where they can improve. But their underwriting is one area where you will find few complaints.

Got an approval on a client with gastric bypass. Try getting that through any other carrier.

You must not be using e-apps. The only issues like this I have encountered are when a client insists on a paper app and check with the initial premium.

Learn how to effectively pre-screen with all carriers, not just Aetna.

I have had only one decline with Aetna . . . the client lied about the number of meds.

The declines I have had with other carriers are virtually identical. Client lied.

Maybe it's you.

80% of my client base is women.

As for Aetna as a carrier, don't get me wrong. There are a lot of area's where they can improve. But their underwriting is one area where you will find few complaints.

Got an approval on a client with gastric bypass. Try getting that through any other carrier.

You're a genius. 80% of most everyone's client base is women. Wow. Don't know why you are plugging aetna so hard, so what if you own stock. This forum is going to make any difference. Go back to what I originally said, of that 50% decline, most get coverage through other carriers, with me. So much for your "its you" comment.

This was an absolutely worthless post, from an asshole who got one unusual case pushed through uw. You are a genius..whatever. You think we don't all have stories like that, what are you six years old.

80% of most everyone's client base is women

Not from what I read here, and in talking to other agents.

Most men seem to direct their marketing efforts to the men.

And yes, I am a genius. Thanks for noticing.

No, I don't own stock in Aetna.

But I do have marketing rights to The Pajama Man Gone Wild.

of that 50% decline, most get coverage through other carriers, with me. So much for your "its you" comment.

Are you Golddoor's twin?

If you are having so much trouble with Aetna, one must assume you have no idea how to read the underwriting guide, how to secure a pre-screen or . . . wait. I forgot. You are talking to women who won't tell you everything that is wrong.

You are a genius..

That's twice you have said that. You are making me blush.

And no, I am not 6 years old.

Care to guess again?

Not from what I read here, and in talking to other agents.

Most men seem to direct their marketing efforts to the men.

And yes, I am a genius. Thanks for noticing.

No, I don't own stock in Aetna.

But I do have marketing rights to The Pajama Man Gone Wild.

Are you Golddoor's twin?

If you are having so much trouble with Aetna, one must assume you have no idea how to read the underwriting guide, how to secure a pre-screen or . . . wait. I forgot. You are talking to women who won't tell you everything that is wrong.

That's twice you have said that. You are making me blush.

And no, I am not 6 years old.

Care to guess again?

Blinded by annoyance at your nonsense post, I referred to you as a genius twice. I meant to say that you were brilliant. Marketing individual health to men my ass. The women approve the family policy for the most part, and they are the biggest buyers of individual health as singles. Small group is a different story.

As far as a UW guide goes, I read them in my waking hours and while I'm asleep and can target companies for certain conditions, etc. etc. I do more of that than alot of what I see here. Seems like alot of the posters use the same company over and over - GR couldn't possibly be a good fit for everyone.

You are in a different part of the world, and maybe the UW guide is more accurate for your cases with Aetna. I haven't been able to get a new client with anything more than a mild case of the hiccups placed with them in the last 6 months and I place about 5 cases a month there. I use 12 different carriers and am not going to use this post to bloviate about my depth of experience.

I don't know your age, probably over 30 and a brilliant genius.

Anytime I speak with any agent who puts a large percentage of their business with GR I know they sell on price and are not really looking out for their client's best interest.

Clients don't want their conditions excluded. That means:

A: Your clients don't have conditions which = bullshit or = you conduct a poor prescreen

B: You "sell" the exclusion in order to gain a commission

I do not recommend to my clients that they accept exclusions for pre-ex - especially current health conditions. If "it is what it is" that's different - but there better not be another carrier out there what will write 'em without the exclusion.

What you'll find is "salesmen" can only sell on price. When the cheapest price comes with an exclusion they freak since they cannot sell value, they have to sell the rider.

Not targeted to any member - just a general post.

Well I must be wrong. That's why GR took the direct advance away - far too many cancellations when clients noticed or came to find that their conditions were excluded so they decided to shift the liability to their Key Brokers and even that's blowing up in their face.

Well I must be wrong. That's why GR took the direct advance away - far too many cancellations when clients noticed or came to find that their conditions were excluded so they decided to shift the liability to their Key Brokers and even that's blowing up in their face.

I'm a KeyBroker and I get an advance, why is that blowing up in their face? Also, do you mean they took away the advance for non-keybrokers?

Back