Anyone having issues getting appointed with Aetna?

Marie, if I'm not mistaken, didn't you say you were here in Florida?

Could I impose upon you to give us an example of where GR would be a better option for the client over BCBSF?

Sure, no problem. Let's just take a look at a case I wrote this month. 55f and 59m, both on cholesterol meds but otherwise healthy. Self employed, wanted an HSA. BCBS was $441/mth for Plan 41 ($6000 deduc.) w/integrated Rx and GR was $653.26 for HSA 100 ($5800 deduc.).

Underwriting results for BCBS: both he and his wife received a 25% rate increase due to lipid results. In addition, the husband received a 3 year exclusion on Ventral Hernia and a 2 year exclusion on his right knee due to a tear in his ACL 2 years ago. Final rate was $661.5.

Underwriting results for GR: no exclusions, approved at preferred rating, final rate $653.36

They are a very active couple and go skiing once a month in the winter. Neither he or I felt comfortable with those exclusions so in this case Golden Rule was a better option.

Hope this helps:)

I should probably also point out that the client and I have already discussed the 6 mth waiting period on hernias that GR imposes on all policies. He had no problem with that as it is summer and he will almost be through the entire waiting period once ski season arrives.

Paul, reading your posts is like traffic accidents. I know I'm not supposed to stare but it's just impossible not to;)

It's fun to watch you stick your chin out and walk face first into it....as you just did at the end of this thread.

Underwriting results for BCBS: both he and his wife received a 25% rate increase due to lipid results. In addition, the husband received a 3 year exclusion on Ventral Hernia and a 2 year exclusion on his right knee due to a tear in his ACL 2 years ago. Final rate was $661.5.

Underwriting results for GR: no exclusions, approved at preferred rating, final rate $653.36

As I understand it Marie, cholesterol meds is an automatic 25% rate-up with BCBSFL.

They are a very formidable competitor -- when the risk is really squeaky clean!

Many of us here in Florida do a fair amount of IFP with GR. I've been really digging deep on BCBSFL lately, looking for chinks in their armor...

I recently went to an Aetna seminar for agents. We were told that they are aware of the delay agents have been facing with contracting and hold times on the phone. They recently hired a bunch of people...so it is supposed to get better soon.

I like Aetna also. My approvals are very quick and my business easy to track.

Back