Anyone Hear of Golden Bridge Solution

jb60

Expert
Hi there,

I just got a call from an outfit called Golden Bridge Solution. They send out survey mailers to annuity owners. They ask the usual: Name & contact info, homeowner, are there savings with a list of vehicles (including annuities), major concerns.

If someone responds to the form and checks yes on the "Would you like a financial adviser to answer your questions?" question, then they call them and set an appointment. Either in my office or in their home.

They guarantee a sit-down meeting with the prospect or they replace the prospect. Average cost depends on size of initial purchase, $50 - $75/lead.

Don't entirely trust them so I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had any experience with these folks.

Thanks,
Jake

If they are in California or Nevada then be careful. Years ago - a guy with a hard core NYC accent was pushing this stuff using a different name and company. He seemed top move between Nevada and So Cal.

He required $1500 or $2000 minimum. I never did business with him.

Also beware of anything in Utah too.

Also always look for a web site with a street address and information of the principals on the web site.

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. I looked around the Forum and found someone comment on another thread on the same topic but a similar company mention that they won't buy leads unless its a reputable company and that if it is they should give you a no-risk way of purchasing leads. When I spoke to the lead vendor this morning, I mentioned both that their web-site didn't contain an address or the principals and that if they could make it a risk-free deal I would be more inclined to try the service. They included a line in the contract stating that if I'm not satisfied within 45 days of my first appointment I can get a full refund.

Now it seems like a much better deal than it did earlier.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Jake

Be careful. See if they will sell you 5 leads at that high volume price. Basically, cap you risk at $200 to $250 or so. If they work out then great. If not then you limit your risk. I am always leary of people with web sites who have no address or name of the principal.

Hi there,

I just got a call from an outfit called Golden Bridge Solution. They send out survey mailers to annuity owners. They ask the usual: Name & contact info, homeowner, are there savings with a list of vehicles (including annuities), major concerns.

If someone responds to the form and checks yes on the "Would you like a financial adviser to answer your questions?" question, then they call them and set an appointment. Either in my office or in their home.

They guarantee a sit-down meeting with the prospect or they replace the prospect. Average cost depends on size of initial purchase, $50 - $75/lead.

Don't entirely trust them so I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had any experience with these folks.

Thanks,
Jake

Most annuity leads (that you call to qualify/schedule) will run 2-3 times that amount if purchased from a vendor.

I can't imagine getting appointments that cheap.

Do not work with them!!! I am currently in the process of trying to get my money back. This is a total scam. The leads they sent were all fake, the clients had no idea what i was talking about when I called to confirm the appointments that GBS told me they had booked for me. Run away from this.

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. I looked around the Forum and found someone comment on another thread on the same topic but a similar company mention that they won't buy leads unless its a reputable company and that if it is they should give you a no-risk way of purchasing leads. When I spoke to the lead vendor this morning, I mentioned both that their web-site didn't contain an address or the principals and that if they could make it a risk-free deal I would be more inclined to try the service. They included a line in the contract stating that if I'm not satisfied within 45 days of my first appointment I can get a full refund.

Now it seems like a much better deal than it did earlier.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Jake

No street address for an office and no name of the people running it then run away. Check with people here for lead vendors. I think it is pretty hard to find good annuity leads unless it is a good IMO/FMO or a source where people will vouch for them. There are too many crooks in this space,

Do not work with them!!! I am currently in the process of trying to get my money back. This is a total scam. The leads they sent were all fake, the clients had no idea what i was talking about when I called to confirm the appointments that GBS told me they had booked for me. Run away from this.

I'm also trying to get my money back. This experience has been such a pain. Paid for this service on 12/4/15 and not a single appointment in three months! The one "appointment" they set was not really an appointment because when I called, the prospect was completely unaware that they had an appointment. They said "What are you talking about? My son is a financial advisor and he takes care of everything for me. I've never requested an appointment with you." Mark Higgens the "owner" (not sure if this is true or not, they all sound the same to me on the phone, Steve, John, etc) kept asking me to give him more time but after 3 months my patience has dried up. I asked for a refund and he said he would send it, that was two weeks ago. No refund as of today, no phone call from Mark. This is seriously a shady business and something needs to be done about this.

If you have experienced something similar, I suggest submitting a complaint through BBB. Everyone who was cheated by this company should file a complaint. I just submitted one through BBB today. I'm also planning on pursuing small claims court. Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited:
Back