Anyone heard of Ascencea?

Geez, Bob, I was number 66. They are really busy today. BTW, I don't know where the hell Clark, NJ, is, but those office buildings shown on their "About Us" page look more like something one would see in Manhattan rather than downtown Clark, NJ. I will say that the operator on their contact page is a real fox!

Re: I called them this morning

Hi, everyone. My name is Nancy and I'm a Life/Health agent in Southwest Florida.

I joined this forum today after searching for info on Ascencea. I received a recruitment letter in the mail. I always laugh when I see "Limited Positions Are Now Available" and "For consideration, you must call by 01/12/09!" It's the 14th but the man I spoke to didn't say anything. LOL He told me there are no other agents in this area.

In the summer of 2006, I went to a recruiting meeting in Fort Myers for a company called Affiliated Mortgage. Everything sounded so similar that I asked today "Have you operated under any other name in the past?" Yup - This is the same company with a different name.

I decided to join Affiliated back then. The cost to join was $149, but they had a "$99 special" that week. That was to cover the appointment fee and the background check. Unfortunately, the manager who contacted me was much too aggressive, so I changed my mind about working with them. He told me to use high pressure sales techniques and say things that, for me, went against the grain. Maybe I'm a bit too concerned about honesty & integrity, but I knew we'd be a poor match. When I received letters from F&G and Mutual of Omaha about my appointments, I tried to get Affiliated to release me. Even though I had never received a single lead or written business, they refused. I called the corporate office in NJ several times, but nobody would return my calls.
:no:

Today I was told to show up with a check for $249 on Monday which will cover presentation materials. Just like Affiliated Mortgage, they pay 50% commission and supposedly provide agents with 15 Direct Mail leads per week out of which you will make a minimum of 10 presentations and at least 6 sales with an average annual premium of $1,500. So that would be $9,000 a week or commisions of $4,500 with a 50% contract. The letter says agents have "a minimum of a 60% closing ratio" and earn over $2,885.00 a week.

Sounds a bit too good to be true ??? :skeptical:

Sorry - I edited my post and just noticed there is a response to it. I was only clarifying what was told to me and what was in the letter I received.

Last edited:
NEW UPDATE ON ASCENCEA

I have track down the main company to NAALeads dot com
In Michigan they have an office in Troy which has changed it name again
* Affiliated Mortgage Protection
* Ascencea
* Now ... American Income Life

Please be careful if you are new to Insurance ask some one when in dout.
Hassle FREE Mortgage Protection & Life Insurance Quotes

Specializing in Mortgage Protection, Single Premium & Final Expenses

Mortgage Protection When You Need It!
A Refund When You Don't!​

It's Time To Get Your
Life Insurance
On The Right Path!​
Ms. Jacinta Lynn
Licensed Agent for Michigan​
Life & Annuities
FreeInsuranceLeadsAndMore
313-505-2128

Listed with dozens of Companies.
So, let me shop around to get you the best product & price for your needs.
I have been working for them and I have to say NOT GOOD

I was told the group was like a family, NOT I had to prove i went to a funeral.

I was told they gave FREE leads, the charged me $148.00

The leads they give you are all most a year old.

Was told we would be paid in 2-4 weeks depending on direct deposit or check. I put in $3000 of applications it will be six weeks on Thurs and still no check.

I would not recommend them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to add that on the weeks that I could not make the weekly meeting due to personal and apts. I did not receive the so called FREE leads that where a year old.

As mentioned earlier they only give 50% commission and there are so many other companies that give 85-95% commission so why would you go to them.

They also advise their agents to over charge clients to get a better commission and reprimand agents such as my self for not over charging.

Bad new people If you need a legit company to work for send me an email I have a list I can give you

Hassle FREE Mortgage Protection & Life Insurance Quotes

Specializing in Mortgage Protection, Single Premium & Final Expenses

Mortgage Protection When You Need It!
A Refund When You Don't!​

It's Time To Get Your
Life Insurance
On The Right Path!​
Ms. Jacinta Lynn
Licensed Agent for Michigan​
Life & Annuities
FreeInsuranceLeadsAndMore
313-505-2128

Listed with dozens of Companies.
So, let me shop around to get you the best product & price for your needs.

New Update On Ascencea

NEW UPDATE ON ASCENCEA

They are affiliated with a large company that adverties as "NAA" National Agents Alliance
NAALeads dot com

I am based in Michigan where they have an office in Troy it has changed names again.
* Affiliated Mortgage Protection
* Ascencea
* NOW ... American Income Life

Newbies to the insurance occupation please be careful. When in dout ask one of us here on the board.

thanks Jlynn
Ps. if you are looking for free leads or to contract with companys send me an email or give me a call 313-505-2128

Looking into this company too, after getting burned out by AIL

Any info on these guys would be helpful

Lead program sounds good

Back