Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

I worked for USHealth Advisors from September 2011 to December 2011. My contract was terminated due to lack of sales. 60 other agents in my region were also on the chopping block, for lack of sales. I am a new Insurance Agent just getting licensed in Florida in March 2011 and had no success prior to USHA either when I was with Aflac as well.

I can’t complain about USHA, I had never heard of them when they contacted me either. They are the sales division of USHealth Group a subsidiary of Freedom Life. I found their training good. They run conference calls with online meetings every day, twice a day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

They have an Online Dialer that calls leads that they manage. So you are your own Call Center. I found the leads to be old, at least 5 years in one case and had very little luck with them. Other agents were more successful, but like anything else it is a numbers game and the more you call the more chance of getting something.

The product they sell is aimed at small business and self-employed individuals, not groups. The Secure Advantage plan uses Great West Cigna PPO which is available in most places and USHA does business in 35 States.

The part I liked the most was the virtual selling. The agents use a PowerPoint presentation done virtually PC to PC. This allows the agent to sell to the entire State and not just local door to door clients. It also eliminates driving to appointments who cancel on you at the last minute. I like the way they use technology and wish more companies would embrace what they do.

I attribute my failure with them because I was a new agent and we all know how hard it can be to get started. I think they may be worth a look if you’re are experienced agent and want to expand your business within your State.

I hope this helped you, good luck.

Last edited:
They run conference calls with online meetings every day, twice a day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

With all that time tied up on conference calls, no wonder you didn't have enough sales. :1biggrin:

Also, their use of technology is hardly unique.

The training does get repetitive as it is almost the same for each time slot. It is done by the various managers who each have the same assigned time slots each week. Sometimes it does change and is completely different, but I doubt that is why I was unsuccessful.

The five year old Dialer leads were a turn off for me. There were a lot of disconnected numbers and work numbers of people who no longer worked there. Nobody I spoke with ever seemed to ever remember asking for insurance information in the first place, or if they did they were no longer looking now. I did have a couple people who seemed interested, but follow ups were always put off and I can only chase somebody so long.

If you do succeed there they have a second Dialer set up with newer, better leads that only go to people that are producing. They also include some sort of CRM with those leads, but I never saw that system, only heard it mentioned a few times.

I had tired knocking on doors with Aflac and found that to be hard and unproductive. With USHA I produced e-mail templates, that were liked well enough to be picked up and used by my manager and distributed to other agents as well. I had no luck with it, but if it got to the right person it would draw a response. I was able to get my hands on a lot of e-mail addresses for free so that is why I did it.

With an e-mail campaign I did get some response yet again nobody bought and again follow ups were pushed off time after time. Maybe that’s just the way people are these days, I had a similar experience with Aflac. There seems to be a lot of people that are apathetic and will go without insurance and hope for the best rather than pay a premium they cannot fit into their budget. I saw that with Aflac too.

I had planned on buying leads from other sources and even getting my Non-Resident license in other States, but since my contract ends on the 22nd I have put that off and picked up a regular 9 to 5 job for now. I’ve never failed at anything I’ve done before, but this was the toughest thing I ever tried to do and got nowhere. Who knows, maybe 2012 will be my break out year selling insurance.

As far as the technology, no it’s not unique, but I have not seen any other insurance companies using it. If you know of any, please let me know I may want to check them out for 2012.

Last edited:
With all that time tied up on conference calls, no wonder you didn't have enough sales. :1biggrin:

Also, their use of technology is hardly unique.

Who would you suggest going with then that would give proper training? They have an overview webinar Monday that I am going to check out.

I work for USHEALTH advisors in Orlando, fl. i have worked for them for almost 2 years. my personal experience with them is that i couldn't love it more. we truly do have great plans and great compensations for agents coming on board. i have been doing insurance for 2 years so this was the only company I've sold for but so far I've had no complaints about them. of course in the beginning it was hard because you had to learn all the products but after my second month i started doing very well. they provide you leads they can be anywhere from 5 years old to 2 day old leads but of course as any business you have to invest to make money. i invest money in leads every single week in leads and I've never lost out on my investments. usha is paying full commissions on their plans so definitely you will make good money there. I've qualified for all their annual trips that they have for their agents and they make us stay at secrets resorts last year was maroma beach and this year was montego bay. i am truly blessed with my opportunity with them and would not go anywhere else. i hope this post was helpful

If you're a captive agent, you can't "broker" other companies. Therefore, you can't deliver the best plan to your clients. Glad YOU'RE doing well, your clients may not. I doubt USHealth will survive the wrath of O'care. i would hate to hear that all of your eggs and income are in one basket. :goofy:

I work for USHEALTH advisors in Orlando, fl. i have worked for them for almost 2 years. my personal experience with them is that i couldn't love it more. we truly do have great plans and great compensations for agents coming on board. i have been doing insurance for 2 years so this was the only company I've sold for but so far I've had no complaints about them. of course in the beginning it was hard because you had to learn all the products but after my second month i started doing very well. they provide you leads they can be anywhere from 5 years old to 2 day old leads but of course as any business you have to invest to make money. i invest money in leads every single week in leads and I've never lost out on my investments. usha is paying full commissions on their plans so definitely you will make good money there. I've qualified for all their annual trips that they have for their agents and they make us stay at secrets resorts last year was maroma beach and this year was montego bay. i am truly blessed with my opportunity with them and would not go anywhere else. i hope this post was helpful

Just wait until the first lawsuit hits your desk....one day you will learn.

Well not only did USHA terminated my contract, they sent a demand letter to collect $105.00 from me.

So not only did I not make any sales or earn any commissions in the 4 months I was with them, now I have to pay them for the time I worked there. I assume this is for the E&O Insurance and the access to the Dialer Software and Leads, which cost $75 a month until you start producing, then USHA takes over payment.

3CLogic, the company that has the Dialer called me directly at one point to collect, and I refused because nobody at USHA informed me of that beforehand.

Just wait until the first lawsuit hits your desk....one day you will learn.

i seriously do not understand why people even log in to these forums, i signed up to find useful information where i can learn from others, not to see everybody bashing everybodys company's. my clients are doing well but i appreciate your concern, had a client that had a major accident spent in the hospital a total of 5 months Ushealth group paid the entire $400,000 bill that they had. customer invited me over to their house for dinnner to thank me. i strongly believe in what i sell and love my company. :)

i seriously do not understand why people even log in to these forums, i signed up to find useful information where i can learn from others, not to see everybody bashing everybodys company's. my clients are doing well but i appreciate your concern, had a client that had a major accident spent in the hospital a total of 5 months Ushealth group paid the entire $400,000 bill that they had. customer invited me over to their house for dinnner to thank me. i strongly believe in what i sell and love my company. :)

Spend more time around here and you will learn why their coverage is garbage. Please post the provisions of the USHealth product that will pay for all $400,000 of a hospital bill, I'd be very interested to read it.

Back