Anyone Here a Financial Planner?

I practice holistic financial planning or my clients.

I've passed all the Educational Requirements (courses) of what the CFP Board requires. But I have not taken the test yet. I'm set for Nov '17. So I do not carry the CFP mark yet. I've been in Investment Mgmt for many years and now Life, Annuities, IDI and Group LTD for Medical pro's for the last 5yrs.

I'm "fee-based" since I do accept commission for any Insurance, Pension, Estate Planning I lead or I'm involved in. I will not change that stance regardless of what the CFP Board and Community recommends (practices) since I believe It's quite possible to uphold a Fiduciary Standard and not be conflicted by commissionable products when they happen to be the correct recommendation for the client.

I believe it's silly for the CFP Board to require all of the training and experience that do, including the Business Ethics requirement and then still maintain the position the we as trained professional Fiduciary's are unable to offer advice and not be conflicted while doing so. :laugh:

I do not visit this board very often. But if I can help please ask away.

I need to pick the brain of a few financial planners. Please pm me if you are one.

Thanks

Back