Anyone here using Crump ? formerly BISYS

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
We are primarily a P & C agency who writes 60-80 life apps/year as accomodations for existing clients. Or you may refer to it as cherry picking those with expendable income and few objections !! However, we have come up against several situations recently where we have lost out on business due to competitive concerns. We currently use only one fairly small life company that is owned by one of our P & C companies and are considering licensing with Crump to gain access to other carriers. Wondering if there are any concerns I may be missing ??

I have been working with Bisys/Crump for years now and they are great.

IMO it is the only place to go for comprehensive, end-to-end case management. Their in-house underwriters are very knowledgeable, making them great for high-risk case shopping.

Crump is fine. They have life, disability, health and LTC all in one place. You'll be assigned an agent code and can see all your cases on one page. Email is easy. They make it simple (and sometimes fun) to do business.

I have used them for several years. It is bigger and better now that Crump took over. I have been pretty pleased with them overall. I think I've used them for 7 years now.

That's who I go through for term and DI. I've found you need to do your own due dili on the ins and outs of the policies rather than trust the wholesalers. I lost a case and had egg on my face because of a AXA 'non-smoker incentive' issue---Crump learned quite a bit from my case and found that the incentive isn't an incentive.
I use them as a guideline for info and work up my own quotes rather than use the wholesalers. For DI I let them deal with it since I'm still learning all of the ins and outs. You get a daily or every-other-day email update on your cases. I like having access to lots of carriers, especially when I'm dealing with an online lead who's already talked to other agents and said, "well this other guy quoted me an ING for..." and I can go in and quote the same exact thing and tell him that his other guy quoted him super-super-preferred (and then explain why that's not a good thing--especially if the guy disclosed any medical issues).

I've used them in the past when I was captive. You can probably get better comm elsewhere. Their website has a ton of info and is very useful. I like the term life & Ul quoting system, they have almost every company that matters and really help you find the most competitive rates in one place.

For those using CRUMP. They offer some great marketing support if you ask for it. They also support the I-Relay client management and marketing system which gets real time pending and in force policy updates from their system (also from more than 400 other GA's)

They have put some really nice marketing pieces in the I-Relay system (they call it InsureSocket) along with business rules to notify you of cross selling opportunities and more. If you are submitting business to them ask your sales manager there about it. They have even been known to pay for the system if you meet some premium requirements.

Back