Anyone Here Work for Capacity Coverage?

rolox1

Expert
I am looking for feedback about this company. I applied to an employment ad and was contacted. So far, all I know is that it is supposed to be a work-from-home job. Is this worth my effort to look into or is this a scam?

I am looking for feedback about this company. I applied to an employment ad and was contacted. So far, all I know is that it is supposed to be a work-from-home job. Is this worth my effort to look into or is this a scam?

"Capacity Coverage Company of New Jersey, our flagship of the group, has over a century of history and experience. The Capacity Group has grown to become one of the 100 largest insurance brokerage firms in the US.

We are currently ranked number 43rd by Business Insurance magazine, and are among the Top 5 privately held brokerage firms in New Jersey. We are also ranked the 29th largest "Privately Held Property Casualty Independent Agency" by Insurance Journal magazine

We represent a host of the finest, and top rated insurance carriers in the world."

I've never heard of any of these top rated companies in the world.:err:

If you are talking about the company based in NJ -- no, I never worked for them, but yes, I know them. I am a producer, so I can't speak to working for them, or anyone else for that matter. However, I do know them. We share some mutual clients. I didn't bring any of these clients to them, and they didn't bring any them to me. That said, from what I can gather, they are well respected in the P/C business. I've met a few of their principals and from my limited dealings with these people, they seem to have professionalism and integrity. I am not a P/C industry expert, but they seem to have a good business model, oriented around organic growth, expansion, etc.

I've been in their office in Mahwah, NJ. It's in a major, high-end, complex/building (the Sheraton Crossroads building). They do represent major carriers, companies, etc. -- and I know this as a result of sharing clients, as well as having seem them "shop the marketplace" so to speak. I can certainly say they are not "captive" to one company. They have multiple departments, lines of business, carriers, etc. I was told they were one of the "largest P/C" firms in the US.

That said, in my opinion, from my limited dealings with them -- they are a very legitimate firm. Good luck.

Back